Ralley Video

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Just offering to make a video of the ralley. If everyone can send me their unedited footage (preferably 24fps widescreen) I could work something up that I think everyone would be pleased with. If the format meant nothing to you, dont worrie about it, I can convert it if need be.:biggrin

Those that have minidv could send that to me too, but if you know how to convert it to a full quality video file I'd rather not have your originals.

Just please dont downsize it before sending it to me. If you dont have huge hosting space, I'll work that out with you on a case to case basis, by giving you a temp account.

Pictures are great too!

Hopefully this is of some help :banana

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Was someone already do the video, or maybe that was you?

I didn't understand fully about hosting. You want DVD's sent, or files posted for download? I am pretty technical, but I don't have much success with posting video.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Yes, it was me. I own a post-production compnay in L.A. and have won numerous industry awards. I was going to collect copies of what everyone shot along with the stills and cut that into a 'highlight video' IUf 'jjip87' thinks we can do it better or faster, maybe we need to make a contest out of it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll go with the post-production company. :wink My camera is HDV though, which could be a pain to integrate. The HD footage looks stellar in good light, but is just as bad as any other consumer camera as soon as it gets dark...

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Thanks. i'm just doing this for free and for fun. Anyone who wants to either give me or send me their footage (I will be shoting my 'proscmer Sony' and or stills, will get them back ASAP along with a TBD length presentation of the events. I produce all of the Star Trek DVD's for Paramount (among other things)

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
LEMANSZ said:
Thanks. i'm just doing this for free and for fun. Anyone who wants to either give me or send me their footage (I will be shoting my 'proscmer Sony' and or stills, will get them back ASAP along with a TBD length presentation of the events. I produce all of the Star Trek DVD's for Paramount (among other things)

How can other forum members get copies of the rally video when its available?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
depending on how much footage and stills I get from DBK and others, it should take me about a month to string out a great 40-60 minute 'presentation'. i will then burn DVD's for everyone, with the first batch going to those who 'gave' me their footage. My business addres and eamil to send me files directly is:

BTW, i possess just about every piece of media that Ford and others produced, including press conferences, commercials, sales presentaions. etc. etc., for the car and will include snipets in the piece. i am donating my editing time etc. for the 'casue' (like DBK, Gtjoey et.al.) and will only charge for the burning of the DVD's (TBD), but it should me minmal. So stay tuned, I can guarantee you it will be a great tape, as this is pretty much my core business. And if the footage we get i SO GREAT, i ight even try to sell it to SPEED I (I have produced the Speed Channel road Test for them with a partbner for years). So, we''l see what happens.

DONALD R. BECK
c/o RAZOR ENTERTAINMENT
THE MARINA STUDIOS
4223 GLENCOE AVE.
SUITE B-121
MARINA DEL REY, CA 90292
dbeck@promobox.com

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Lemansz, will you take my Hi-8 video tape, or is that too old fashioned now?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
If that's all you got...yea, but it ain't the best quality and i have to find a deck to transfer it. DVD cam and DVD pro are the best chocies however.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks like I'm going shopping! Any recommendations?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Google reviews on DVD cams. I'm partial to sony, becuase of their customer servcie. Some of the new models have bluetooth audio. You can get a great video hany cam for $500 or less. Just make sure if it's a Sony that you get the 'intleibatteris' which are lithium and hold their charge forever.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just picked up the SONY DCR DVD 205 for $499 at BJ's warehouse.....

Easy, light and best yet small.... Will fit in the car on the way up. Battery good for ~80 minutes. DVR RW good for 20 min in HQ mode. Also adapts to night vision.....

During the day I'll record andburn the DVD's - give to DBK, reformat and charge up for the next day....

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
LEMANSZ said:
Yes, it was me. I own a post-production compnay in L.A. and have won numerous industry awards. I was going to collect copies of what everyone shot along with the stills and cut that into a 'highlight video' IUf 'jjip87' thinks we can do it better or faster, maybe we need to make a contest out of it.
nope, didnt realize you were signed up, my appologies, dont intentionally step on anyones toes.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
you didn't...all good..can use all the footage anyone can shoot, if you're going to be there we can cooordinate what is begin shot so we cover it a..I canuse allt he shooters that can shoot..see ya in mecca

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
LEMANSZ said:
you didn't...all good..can use all the footage anyone can shoot, if you're going to be there we can cooordinate what is begin shot so we cover it a..I canuse allt he shooters that can shoot..see ya in mecca
ah I wont be there. :thumbsdow

A poor computer science student at the moment.....maybe one day I'll get that dream car (McLauren Viper IF it comes out :cheers )!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
LEMANSZ

Happy to assit with the shoot. Used to be a "film" cameraman in a past life. Remember that stuff?

Gordo
JVC 16:9 wide screen

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
that's how i started as a film cameraman/editor...I can use all the asistantance I can get to 'cover' this event proeprly///thanks.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
How about a short "Rendezvous" recreation in Deaborn?

G.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
10-4 sounds good