Radar cord. Mirror powered.

GT PILOT

GT Addict/ B.o.D.
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 15, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Many of us hassel with the coiled cords of radar derectors. Some guys, me included, have even "stood on our heads" to conceal the radar cords. Then I saw the coolest radar cord, installed on a GT at the Newport Rally. Just 8 inches long, and powered from the back of the mirror! Additional bonus... it will auto power down too. I just ordered mine.

http://www.invisicord.com/

GT_Pilot

P.S.
I don't work for, nor endorse this manufacturer.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Let us know how to works out! :thumbsup

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
go wireless...my tests with LIO says if the battery is fresh...same sensitiuvy as with wired cord

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I had installed front and rear lazer and radar detectors. They are concealed. Understand they even offer a jammer package. :)

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I built my own cord for the detector since I needed it before they could ship me one. I checked the wires on the back of the mirror and I don't believe it will auto power down..at least mine wouldn't. Could have been the nut using it though..

Damn bumps in cali ended up making the connector come lose and busted the wire..sheeze Bony do they build the roads lumpy on purpose?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
If you do a search under VI or Valentine I posted how I did it with a $2 phone cord and another member gave the connection points :cheers

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Nice cord

I have been using this cord for about 3 mos. I had it from a C6 vette and
when I traded to the GT I just moved the unit over without any problems.

The unit does turn off after a few minutes. It seems to time out as if you left
the interior lights on.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have been using this cord for about 3 mos. I had it from a C6 vette and
when I traded to the GT I just moved the unit over without any problems.

The unit does turn off after a few minutes. It seems to time out as if you left
the interior lights on.

I've been using one for about a year and thought it had to be turned off. I hope you're right, I'll check it out. Thanks!

BTW, the cord works well in most other vehicles too. My Denali does power off with the ignition.

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
bony, how do you like the redar and lazer detectors? What brand do you have. I am interested in getting them installed as well and have the car in So. Cal.

Thanks.