raced my camaro last night....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
took my camaro out to my local dragstrip yesterday to beat up on the mustang club :lol

i am still running my 346 ci LS1 motor with the stock bottom end. i have not had a chance to put my 402 race motor in yet as i keep modifying my GT and this keeps taking up all of my time and money (i bought a whipple supercharger yesterday) :ack as you can see from my timeslips my car is very consistent. unfortunately the driver is not as this is the first time i have been to the strip in 1.5 years. my reaction time is a lil rusty :willy

my 11.51 pass had a 4974 Density Altitude. this would correct to a 10.97 @ 125 mph at sea level according to drag times :thumbsup

right before my 11.51 run i watched a bone stock ZR1 run a 12.39 @ 123 mph and then right before my 11.52 run i watched a bone stock ford GT run a 11.71 @ 126 mph. they were both pitted next to me in the pits....

:cheers

scan-4.jpg

6-20-09.jpg

Last edited:

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
still impressive.

gotta love these AZ temps

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You're a man after 'me' own heart, Freddy! :lol :thumbsup:thumbsup

(I really am amazed at how WELL FGTs run at the 'strip when they IN NO WAY were designed/GEARED for that type of competition.)

Last edited:

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
so, the MIGHTY GT is faster than the zr1

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
ran a 11.46 @ 121 mph today with a half tank of gas. the corrected density altitude was 4850 feet above sea level on this pass. if i would have run it with just the bare minimum amount of gas in the tank i think i could have run a 11.40 > my reaction time was slow because the starter activated the Tree before i was up on my converter as i foot brake the car. when i put my 6 point roll bar and 402 race motor in next summer i will put in a trans brake and this will solve this problem. this pic was taken today :cool

scan-5.jpg

scan0001-5.jpg

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Thanks for posting Freddy!! Great runs. There were 5 ZR-1's at Mojave last time. Best run out of them was a 179. I got to know one of the guys and he grumbled to me "After watching your TTGT's run I need to call Lingenfelter" :lol Got to get some fun in while we wait for Mojave!! :thumbsup

When is your GT going under the knife for the Whipple??

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Tom - the GT is going to Kendalls shop in January. i hope to see you and Apollo when i come out there. i will be at Kendalls shop on a Friday and on the dyno the next day :cheers