Race weekend in Uk

R

roger1197

A little late to post this but weather has been pretty poor here but seems to be improving by the hour so a good race weekend may well be on the cards.
Any Uk owners wishing to try some quarter mile action with their GT, or anything else American, we will be here all weekend.
Central England, so fairly easily accessable to most, for weekend stay, plenty reasonably priced and comfortable hotels nearby, decent 'pub' around the corner.
We have a reserved pit area so your welcome to pitch in with us.

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=26

My contact for any info. 07932 082402

:cheers:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sorry I can't join you - I'm taking my GT to France this weekend, will be on the tunnel at 8am with my oldest mate in his F40 :thumbsup

We've not had a fast trip with the GT and F40 before so looking forward to to these two red beauties zooming through the Normandy countryside...

L1000190copy.jpg

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Neil, you're killing me! That sounds like soooo much fun!

Enjoy,

Rob

R

roger1197

:cheers

Nice Neil, have a good weekend.

:thumbsup

H

HHGT

I have never met you but still hate you.:wink

Have a great run. I can only wish I was there - what a sight that will be. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Take many pictures and enjoy! :)
Cheers!
Daniel

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I have never met you but still hate you.:wink

Have a great run. I can only wish I was there - what a sight that will be. :cheers

:agree: Neil, that is living the good life.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Just got back! I've posted some pictures on another thread...

The F40 was.... words fail me actually. It doesn't have the beauty of modern Ferraris, it's angular and purposeful, but when it's on the road and you give it some 'beans' it's is an unbelievable performer.

Mike has put straight through exhausts on it and.... we found a tunnel.... :lol

I am now slightly deaf in one ear! It is soooooo loud!

Great fun.

The question you'll want to know is, how did the GT perform in comparison?

It looked a dead heat - but I had to work the GT. From a standstill or slow rolling start the turbo lag in the F40 means it's dead in the water against the GT. But from 70mph, the F40 is neck-snappingly quick against the GT's seemingly endless reserve of nuclear energy. So I had to work the GT - if I was in 4th and Mike was in 3rd, it was all over for me.

Great fun on some beautiful empty roads......

L1002470.jpg

H

HHGT

Man that F40 is a gorgeous car. Life is good - enjoy it and thanks for posting.

R

roger1197

A few pictures of my cars from the weekend meet:

gtlaunch.jpg

gtshakey.jpg

gtoffline.jpg

roushlineup.jpg

roushhold.jpg

roushlaunch.jpg

Roushrace.jpg

and a link to other participants

http://www.moparuk.co.uk/racegalleries/Gary08/index.html

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Looks like it was fun -I loved this shot particularly....

gtoffline.jpg

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Neil,

Sounds like you guys had a blast! :banana I agree that it's not the most attractive F car, but I hear that few things compare to it on the road! :thumbsup I'm surprised the GT could stay with the F40 if the other driver was trying to outrun you! I remember reading a bit about this car when one of our Euro forum members was going to be taking a F40 to the Maranello testing track last year. As I recall, it was modeled after the older GTO. Did anything similar follow the F40 or did they just switch styles after that?

Thanks for the photos!
MJ

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I guess the F50 sort of followed in the design

f50koenig.jpg

If we'd have been on a track, the F40 would have the GT beaten pretty soundly, but in real world driving, it all came down to being in the right gear at the right time.....