GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Notice that you can optionally add some weight back:

"For customers seeking more comfort in their Shelby GT350R, Ford is offering an optional Electronics Package. Included is dual-zone air conditioning, 8-inch touch screen with navigation, seven-speaker audio system, turn signal mirrors and more."

I'd like to add A/C only, and skip the rest of the package.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
At least those of us who won't see the inside of the new GT will have the GT 350 and R .

Not so bad. :biggrin

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
It had to be their target, but do you think the R will be competitive with, let alone surpass, the Z/28?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Possibly more power and less weight? I think the chances are very good.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The R is an extremely fast road course car. The unsprung weight reduction with the CF wheels is a big deal for lap times. Wing helps too. Will be good value for money too.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm sure Ford did their homework on the Camaro before releasing the 350 and R versions. Unlike Dodge and the Viper fiasco, I don't see FoMoCo revealing a car slower than its direct competitor.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
So how much will the CF wheels cost?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The CF wheels are standard on GT350R. I am told that the company that supplies them is also about to do the same for a sports car from a major German manufacturer, so this may be the opening of the floodgates on these wheels for high performance cars.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Got to find a spare set of the CF wheels and Michelin tire set for GT fit-up. Looks pretty close to me. ;-))

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The CF wheels are standard on GT350R. I am told that the company that supplies them is also about to do the same for a sports car from a major German manufacturer, so this may be the opening of the floodgates on these wheels for high performance cars.

That would be nice, but I'm still sure replacements will be pretty pricey. Would be nice to see some from Ford Performance too.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Is it these guys? Carbon Revolution. I remembered them mentioning on working with an OEM.

[video=youtube;gWiTky3zZXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWiTky3zZXQ[/video]

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Carbon rev aftermarket wheel:

home_product_image.png

GT350R wheel:

ford-shelby-gt350r-mustang-homepage.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
So.....yes:)

I impress myself with my sleuthing skills. lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So.....yes:)

I impress myself with my sleuthing skills. lol

I was really surprised nobody in Mustang world figured that out instantly when the CAD rendering of the wheel was leaked out of the parts listing. I mean they are a little different, but the center of the wheel and shape of the spokes is immediately identifiable.

Ugh, curbed CF wheel.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Too bad they have been painted.

Curb it? How about a Michigan pot hole?

UNDFTD

Jan 19, 2014
So Cal potholes too! :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Found this on the news today;

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/detr...lat-plane-crank-52l-v8/ar-AA881V0?ocid=TSHDHP

I would have thought this cutaway would be out front center, with Phoenix and the 350R, not hidden away like the article states.

Cool slideshow of the engine in that link.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I was really surprised nobody in Mustang world figured that out instantly when the CAD rendering of the wheel was leaked out of the parts listing. I mean they are a little different, but the center of the wheel and shape of the spokes is immediately identifiable.

Ugh, curbed CF wheel.

a carbon wheel needs to be naked clear coated carbon IMO.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
a carbon wheel needs to be naked clear coated carbon IMO.

Have to be painted. Durability issue. It's a bummer.