Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Ron, you crack me up!!!!!

John

laniakea

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 11, 2009
If you're here to pat yourself on the back or to brag about owning a 959 you have come to the wrong place. 959's are a dime a dozen and old technology at best. Their owners seem to have a need to be praised or look important because they own a Porsche. My guess is that most GT owners have probably owned a Porsche at one time or another (I have) but other than the very high-end models no longer do for a reason. A Porsche is something you buy when you want to be somebody; a Ford GT is what you buy when you are somebody.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
hey..... racer 959 bring your porche against my gt i will guarantee that you will be disapointed , the second you will see what hapens you are going to turn around sell your porche and buy a FORD GT thank you in advance for the understanding

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
GTs are very easy to modify. Lack of power and reliability would be my last concerns when looking at one.

600whp with a pulley and tune.
750whp with a $10k Whipple.
1000whp with a $35k TT kit.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
A Porsche is something you buy when you want to be somebody; a Ford GT is what you buy when you are somebody.
Isn't that what Sinatra said about Ferrari and Lamborghini?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Alot of folks have already spent their way to a Ford GT, in lesser multiple cars.

You see this on Vette, M3, M5, Porsche forums, where they all have 600hp+.

I advise all same, sell

racer959

Aug 23, 2010
I know my porsche is modified and I do not want to buy a GT and have it modified, I would like to leave it stock. I think the GT is definitely nicer looking then the 993. Was not trying to offend anybody here at all. Laniakea, its not a 959, its a 993 1434GT where do you live, I would love to meet up with you and see your Ford GT. I want to thank the guys who replyed to my question, I really appreciate it, thanks. :cheers

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The best advice is get one.

All 911, vette, SL, F cars are all lost in the crowd...there are way too variations of essentially a base mode...I think there are 12 or 16, 911 models offered now.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Can't agree with that statement Kayvan! I think it is very unfair to say a 911 or Vette or particularly an F car get lost in the crowd! You saw for yourself the wide variety of F cars last week at Scarsdale, the 458 Italia as an example is pure sculptured beauty, to say it gets lost is very far from true! And I really don't think my RS gets lost in a crowd either!! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_6992.JPG
    IMG_6992.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 164

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Racer959, a 993 turbo is one of the best looking cars on the road. It's fun, it's fast and it is probably the best looking 911 available. And a modified one is a beast. Manthey-racing?? Anyway, what everyone is saying (and they ARE all correct), is that even a modified 911 as desirable as a 993 is still no comparison to a stock Ford GT. The GT is pure fun and pure entertainment, it's just that good out of the box. And even if you don't think you're going to modify your GT, the temptation is great and the ability to do so is so very easy and attainable, so you will. And you'll be happy you did. The best part of it is that when you do modify it, it does NOT become a problematic car like a 900hp 911 can be, it's still ultra reliable and simply just even more fun. But even if you left it stock, it's still a car that will bring more smiles to your face than your modified 993. Yes, it really is that good.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Hey Big Dan

GT2 or GT3 RS are the elite

Yet, the basic shape of all are very close.

The GT isnt going to be mistaken for other Ford models

racer959

Aug 23, 2010
Thank you Superfly. :thumbsup

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hey Big Dan

For sure you will NEVER mistake a FGT for anything let alone another Ford!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Racer 959,

I am seldom on the eastern side of the U.S. but if you're ever on a business trip to the Phoenix area, send me a PM and I'll take you for a spin in my TTGT followed by one of Veronica's excellent cocktails. An open ended invitation. Cheers.

Chip

racer959

Aug 23, 2010
Thank you Chip, if I'm ever there I will take you up on that.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Likewise if you find yourself in NE Florida ever

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Hey Big Dan

Well, you wouldn't believe the idiots who think mine is a 2011 Mustang!:ack

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Well, you wouldn't believe the idiots who think mine is a 2011 Mustang!:ack

I can see people getting confused with all the alpha numeric designations but confusing a FGT with a Mustang is just lack of car knowledge!

racer959

Aug 23, 2010
I may be in Jacksonville in Jan. I will PM you if I go, thanks.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I tracked a TT997 at California Speedway, along with some other higher end cars. At higher rpm it just "starts" to act and pull like my GT. Weight distribution, handling, looks, all go to the GT.

Last edited: