Question for Two Vehicle (GT) Owners Including Heritage

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
This is a difficult question to structure, but I would like to hear from individuals who have either just a Heritage or preferably a Heritage plus a second GT:

Do you find that the response from the public to the Heritage is as (or more) favorable as it is the your other GT or do you find that it attracts different (and unpleasant attention)?

I believe that this would be regional, but I suspect that the Heritage being a more in-your-face design may attract a different group than (for example) a Tungsten car.

Superficially, the Tungsten would be a more sedate and upscale appearing vehicle whereas the Heritage would be more striking but having less general overall acceptance by the public.

In either case, I would be interested in your experiences.

Best,

- doc

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I get a kick out of how many people ask me where I got it painted at...you see so few GT's and even fewer in this color they think I had it custom done.

And yes it does stick out on the road...ask the cop that followed me 7 1/2 miles to see it :)

Matt

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey Doc,

It’s about YOU, and what YOU really enjoy in life, not what others think or how they will react.

The Tungsten is an absolutely beautiful car; it looks like a fine piece of jewelry; the other colors and their color combinations are also stunning. Have not seen a bad looking GT, because they have not made one.

We have had our Heritage now for 3months, and am absolutely in love with this thing. Glad my wife isn’t the jealous type; actually I think she likes it as much I do, if not more.

Coming back home from Luckenbauch last week, pushed it up to 140 mph (two lane country hi-way, no traffic) and she didn’t miss a beat (the car or my wife). Got to take it easy being it only has 390 miles as of yet, so I haven’t really ‘pushed it out’ there yet.

Have had absolutely NO ISSUES with the car, nor the dealer we purchased it from. Both the car and the dealer are TOP NOTCH.

As for the attention factor, there is a Red GT with white stripes here locally (have not had a chance to meet the owner yet) and I can assure you that they both get a lot of attention when out on the streets of a small country town in Texas. The ‘public’ that gathers around, and wants to talk about the car, no matter where we go in it, range from teenagers to “mature folks” in their 60’s and 70’s. The car has UNIVERAL APPEAL. Virtually all comments are very positive, especially those about the color (right out of the 60’s). Some people get it, and some don’t.

We purchased the Heritage Edition instead of another color because both my wife and I liked the car. It was not about the attention (positive or negative), image, status, money, or ‘the deal’; it was about the car and our passions in life which includes both cars and horses.

Hope this answers your question and gives you a little insight.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Matt:

You also have a GTS so you are used to people responding to the unusual (not just rare) nature of your cars.

I was curious as to the difference between the Heritage being so high impact and a (Eg. black GT for example) being strikingly beautiful but less startling.

That's why I was curious about those who have both GTs and whether there was a difference in quality of attention.

The one time we had out our GT, we were followed by a guy in a BMW who was photographing us from behind. We also had a bicyclist in a parking lot who muttered (something indecipherable but obviously derogatory...speculate it had to do with the environment which he was personally saving).

- doc

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Spirit:

Obviously, this is a difficult question to pose. And it was not concerning which gets more attention (and I do not think that "attention-getting" is a goal in owning such a car). What I wondered was if those that had a Heritage felt that attention came (Eg. those in their 60s and 70s who remember the original) more from a certain group than the more universal response from a black, red, tungsten, white or other GT.

The first GT my wife saw was a Heritage. She did not care for it. She now likes them a lot but she thought the first Heritage was a kit car.

The first GT I saw on the road was a Tungsten, and I thought it was striking.

If you pole my family, three of us like the Heritage, and the other three like Tungsten, Red, etc.

I wondered if you parked a Heritage in a parking lot if it would not gather more the group of "what is it" people versus a white car which would be the "that's a cool car" people.

In either case, it was more a matter of personal curiosity.

Glad that you are enjoying your car. Also, wondered if anyone with a non-Heritage wished they had a Heritage and/or those with a Heritage ever wished that they had a different color.

- doc

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Hey Petunia, long time no chat.

You must have gotten more symbolism out of my wife's greater acceptance of the Heritage than did I.

Her favorite color remains blue as it does with my eldest daughter, my son's favorite is red, my 15 year old daughter prefers tungsten, and my youngest daughter prefers yellow. The kids have accepted the history of the Heritage color combination but do not lean toward it.

But this difference is also reflected in their taste in Vipers. Several liked the SRT-10 convertible, others preferred the GTS and only one liked the new coupe. And in Vipers, they all liked red unanimously (our first Viper) even though our most recent Viper was black, but then, again, the Viper belonged to my wife, not to me.

- doc

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My wife is not into cars, it is my hobby. She is into jewlery and traveling.
What I have found is when I am in the car driving down the road with her and ask her what she thinks about a specific car, the answer will be skewed on the color. Sometimes she will like one in one color and then when I ask her about how she likes the same car in another color she will comment negatively. She hates blue.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Bony:

My wife likes cars, guitars, guns and electronics. She is a great mechanic and has very tiny hands which allows her to change plugs or remove manifold bolts which I cannot reach. She installed a skip shift eliminator on the Viper which I could never have done due to the cramped quarters. When we were dating, I came home to find her in my backyard, carrying the pump to my swimming pool announcing "it needs a new capacitor...motor won't turn over." She was correct, and it was love.

She watches car shows (as do the kids) and is always telling me about a car she has seen. She saw a GT long before I did. For birthdays and other holidays I receive a procession of car parts, models, shirts, and things from other shared hobbies.

She likes the GT far, far better than her Viper, feels it is much better engineered, more controllable and precise. The swap of the Viper toward the GT was entirely her idea.

- doc

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If one is great, two is ecstatic!!

I have two GTs. A Heritage trailer queen and a blue/white striped driver. Both cars bring me joy and I really don't care what others think. I had to have the heritage once I saw the car. It's rare, it's unique and totally overboard. It captures the true spirit and personification of the GT. I love the midnight blue for its class and mature appearance. When I am in a bad boy mood the Heritage comes out, when I'm out for a dinner with my wife the midnight blue comes out. Sort of like listening to Barry White one day and Aerosmith the next. I find people love them both although most think the Heritage is a race car and are confused about driving it on the street. It all depends on your mood but boy am I having a great time. Sounds like you are debating adding number two. Just do it!

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Yes, having two GTs was (likely still is) our initial plan. The Heritage was our consideration for the second car, and I was curious as to how two car owners felt about their Heritage over time.

Thank you for your input.

- doc

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
eshrink said:
Spirit:

Also, wondered if anyone with a non-Heritage wished they had a Heritage and/or those with a Heritage ever wished that they had a different color.

- doc

Doc,

No 'Buyers Remorse' here.
Never Look Back!! (kinda like driving a GT - can't see a thing out the rear view mirror)

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I don't think the Heritage attracts any more attention than the other cars...its kind of a each person has a love for whatever color floats their boat..some friends love the Heritage..some say they like cars without stripes.

I have been trying to figure out what I want next..I want an 06 Viper to match my 96 but I think the bottom on those is still a ways away and in about 2 years I can get one for low 60's.

I have thought about another GT...the question is just what color to get :confused

Matt

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Two `06 Vipers coupes have appeared in the low 70s. I would personally prefer your GTS.

Yes, that was my question...what color for a second GT and the experiences of Heritage owners.

- doc

Last edited:

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
2 GT's

As you know I also have two. Interestingly enough the same two colors...MB & H too. I feel the exact same feelings as said above. We love blue. Both blues. People react in different ways to each machine but the Heritage seems to get first call. Buy em, drive em, enjoy em, frosting on the cake.....George

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Acutally I am leaning to a white and blue stripe or a solid white :) I have ideas for the solid white :)

Matt

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Heritage and other colors

Eshrink- We have a Heritage and a Red with white stripes. I think the reaction is about the same to both. I am painting a spare set of rims orange like some of the race cars so that will make the Heritage a little different still. My wife fell in love with the red one which cost me every husband point I had. She then authorized to go ahead to get the Heritage on a weekend afternoon trip to Dairy Queen in the red GT. No points even required so go figure. I still think the red is her favorite.
There are four reds in the immediate Orlando area. I have not seen any other Heritages but know that one was sold close by. I would love to get to see ANY color of GT coming down the road. All I have seen was a glimpse of a tungsten one on the freeway going the opposite direction.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
K-P Garage:

The only GT I have seen here in Atlanta was a Tungsten on the interstate about two weeks before we bought our first one. I thought it looked fantastic; very elegant.

My son's classmate knows another kid whose father (still with me?) has a red/white but never, ever drives it.

Our car is blue, but we were within hours of closing on a black/silver in St. Louis (nice dealership) but he had to first resolve the first-in-line which was a fellow in Germany (who backed out).

Just curious...how do you determine which one you are going to drive on a particular occasion?

- doc

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
driver

I keep the red one on the ground. The Heritage for the moment is on the top of the lift. Easier to get the red one out. My son likes the stereo in the red car because it has the boom box speaker. As stated, my wife loves the red. For me either car is so incredible!! I just cannot believe we have something like these Fords. All of us who have gotten these cars are very fortunate indeed. :thumbsup

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
K-P Garage:

Your GTs must get your son appreciable accolades at school. I can see where the car on the lift would be a complication for impulse driving. On the other hand, oil changes would certainly be facilitated. How many kids can say that their dad has two GTs?

-doc

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
looks good in the mommy line at school

I picked him up one day at school in the GT. He is a first grader. I thought the fourth and fifth graders were going to lose their minds. Now every kid in Patrick's class gets a GT ride for their birthday. The dad's too. Weird since none of the dealers would even let me sit in one before I got one. It did feel a little strange in the mommy line at school surrounded by suburbans, hummers and expedtions with most of their operators jacked up on the cell phones. Come to think of it, it was not strange, it was terrifying! Had fun though.