putting the feelers out

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
I'm considering selling my prized GT. The racing thing is becoming increasingly more important to me and with that it becomes increasingly more expensive. My GT is not getting the attention she deserves. I'd rather see someone enjoy her than watch her wait around for me all the time!
Haven't decided exactly what I would ask for her but just thought I'd throw a "would anyone here be interested" out and see.

05 Black stripe delete
black whipple
accufab throttle body
catback exhaust
short throw shifter
Kip Ewing CF bits
bumper delete
TA lowering kit
seat buttons
Iforged wheels
ford tranny cooler

I'm the original owner...never raced or abused. little over 7000 miles. probably want somewhere around $180,000

Attachments

• fordgt.jpg
    fordgt.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 994

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Great car. Nice mods. The most 'coveted' color/combo at the moment.

Having a black, no stripe (and searched for 6+ mo.), as well as having personally sold my Tungsten in the past few months...my immediate impression is...

Miles might be a tad high for $180k (miles don't bother me). Other than that, your buyer will have to want these mods and love the rims (I think it's sweet).

You may want to mention if you have all of the original parts (stock wheels, stock bumper, etc. - should your buyer want to put it back close to original some day).

My .02

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Please post last 4 of VIN and production month/year.

+1. on do you still have the original take off parts??

+1. priced a little high for an 2005 with 7K miles?

Beautiful GT. :thumbsup

H

HHGT

Say it ain't so Lee. If your in SoCal you should head out to C&C this Saturday.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think your price is right on with all the add-ons. Sorry to hear you might sell. Where is the car, CA or NY?

H

HHGT

I think your price is right on with all the add-ons.

I couldn't agree more. Hold out, you'll get your asking price. For those that have not seen the car, she's a beauty.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That is a DISGUSTINGLY nice looking GT!!! P-E-R-I-O-D! :willy:willy:willy

'Better be SURE you want to sell it, 'cause it'll be GONE almost instantly.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
GT

This kinda funny to me .I am going the exact opposite way .Had my fill of racing the last 18 years .Making all my plans around a racing schedule isn't missed much . Now I just enjoy driving schools or open track days .Much more relaxing! Keep the Gt !!I don't think you will regret it .Bests to you either way !
GO FAST AND TAKE CHANCES!!GOOD LUCK IN THE UPCOMING SEASON

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
This kinda funny to me .I am going the exact opposite way .Had my fill of racing the last 18 years .Making all my plans around a racing schedule isn't missed much . Now I just enjoy driving schools or open track days .Much more relaxing! Keep the Gt !!I don't think you will regret it .Bests to you either way !
GO FAST AND TAKE CHANCES!!GOOD LUCK IN THE UPCOMING SEASON

+1 Keep her.

Apparently, rumor is. If you do sell her, you will instantly regret it as she drives off into the sunset.

I hope I never come to this sad conclusion.

People say the happiest days of a boat owner are:
1. the day they buy boat
2. the day they sell boat

GT Owners:
1. the day they buy her
2. every day they get to driver her.

I am very sorry to hear that you have made this decision.

Some day, some guy, I am certain, will be very happy going really deep ... into the pedal and making her purr like a tiger.

Ironically, Tim Cantwell had this exact thing happen to him with a blue GT.

JCSB quote - oh no "I've done the unthinkable"

Good Luck.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys, if Lee lets it go...I have over 3 days of video as all the work was done at the barn with the GTGUYS...there is NO EXPENSE spared ...:thumbsup
I think he was the first to install all the carbon stuff, plus the bumper delete.Look up the "GREATEST GT STORY EVER TOLD" thread and just start drooling...Lee I love you man remember theres only one way you can get out of the other black gt :frown Gino mix up a fresh batch of concrete mix more construction coming....:biggrin gtjoey1314:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Lee, say it ain't so. What an awesome car. To anyone contmeplating diving in, this car is great...looks like Batmans day car. Best of luck with your new found racing career. Stu

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Guys, if Lee lets it go...I have over 3 days of video as all the work was done at the barn with the GTGUYS...there is NO EXPENSE spared ...:thumbsup
I think he was the first to install all the carbon stuff, plus the bumper delete.Look up the "GREATEST GT STORY EVER TOLD" thread and just start drooling...Lee I love you man remember theres only one way you can get out of the other black gt :frown Gino mix up a fresh batch of concrete mix more construction coming....:biggrin gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Hey Joey ............ you mean this video ? :biggrin

http://www.thedigitalmoviecompany.com/gtws/

Also ... there's the thread !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13059&highlight=GREATEST+GT+STORY+TOLD

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana :banana

--

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
wow, sorry to hear you are thinking of selling the car. If you do I hope you get what your asking for her.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I think your price is right on with all the add-ons.

I would agree if you're willing to wait 6 months to find the right buyer, who values those mod's - you'll get your $180k or near. But if you are expecting to sell in within 30 days on eBay or AutoTrader - I'd be shocked if it happened. And if so - it's the "right buyer".

Again this is just from my experience buying a Black, No Stripe and selling my Tungsten with 20k miles on it.

Having said all of that...my 05 Black, Stripe Delete has slightly different mod's (all black everything, sweet 3 pc rims, but no bumper delete) and if I was in a position i HAD TO sell it - my asking would be in the $180k range as well.

Lastly, before you sell it, remember the great comments and looks you get driving that beauty. I LOVE the fact that these cars are rare. Many people state they've never seen one. And you always get VIP treatment (they move the 430's to the rear when a GT shows up).

You will regret it...but you can always buy another one.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
News flash........LEE .dont do it I hear the brooklyn bridge is looking for a lead singer............................:frown gtjoey1314

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
News flash........LEE .dont do it I hear the brooklyn bridge is looking for a lead singer............................:frown gtjoey1314

Now that's funny.............. Joe .. you, me and Gino as backup singers :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im in just bolt in Ginos new teeth so we look good for the pictures...:lol:lolgtjoey1314 buisness is dead but having fun on the forum:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
you guys crack me up......

I just watched the Joey video......got kind of sentimental....crap maybe I'll keep her....she is a beauty.

I didn't buy this car because it gets looks or attention or got me into VIP situations I could care less about that stuff. I bought it because its a work of art. And Ford and the engineers went above and beyond to make it happen. It's a piece of history that I've been proud to own. And I know If I did sell it. I'd own another one at some point....though it could never be the same as the first one.

Last edited:

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
So you have a Picasso ... i mean a Camillo. :biggrin

I have this hot model girlfriend and I am tired of her.

Go look in the mirror, and say out loud ...

I have this really rare and beautiful Ford GT, and I am tired of it and I am going to sell it.

Then smack yourself in the face ... really hard, and then say oh my gosh ... what in the HELL was I thinking.

Welcome back. :biggrin

Now. You go right now and start her up, get her on the highway, and listen to that American Ford V8 purr.