Purple and Yellow?????

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Alright guys, My buddy who lives in El Segundo swears he saw an actuall GT with this color scheme and that they weren't actually stripes, yet triangles.. So, have any of you other southern cal guys seen this particular GT? He was so (i don't know... insert word here) that he thinks the color might have even been green.

And thats the word on the street:confused :eek

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
El Segundo = Smokin Crak :thumbsup

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Sounds like that illusion color like was on the mustang on the rack at Saleen during the tour. It looked purple from one angle, green from another andblue or black from yet another. Cant remember the actual color name, but I thought it was pretty damn neat.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Sorry I been to busy watching the pigs fly to see it.:lol :lol

purple and yellow??:rofl :rofl

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I know exactly what car your talking about, its close to the midnight blue color. I am not sure, but I think Santa clause was driving it.:cheers

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
It's probably one those Fiberfab VW powered things from the 60's. It's not even April yet! :confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Uh-oh! Here we go again...:lol

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Sounds like that illusion color like was on the mustang on the rack at Saleen during the tour. It looked purple from one angle, green from another andblue or black from yet another. Cant remember the actual color name, but I thought it was pretty damn neat.

Saw the same color in Detroit. Saleen called it Mystique (sp?). ~$18k paint job from what I heard. Looks even better when you put on your rose colored glasses:lol

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Yep the color is called mystic chrome. It came on some cobras in 04 I belive and some in 1996 as well.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry I been to busy watching the pigs fly to see it.:lol :lol

purple and yellow??:rofl :rofl

Todd, I think you and I need to have a drink while at INDY !! :thumbsup

:cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
PPG makes that paint. It is very expensive and has to be applied correctly to get the effect you want. Basically, it has to do with the way the paint is laid down so the prisms can align in a certain way to give you the multi color effect. They have several different color combos available. I bought some when I was heavy into RC cars, and use to do some wild paint jobs on my buggy's!
I used to love that paint when it first came out, but now when I see it, it seems that a lot of beat up cars have it and just ruins the whole paint idea for me. I now associate it with cheap cars, even though it is expensive to do. I have seen one too many Chevy Caprice with it!:frown

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
So the color he saw was correct. And though he does live in El Segundo (where I left my wallet) he does not have a reputation for hanging with aliens in his VW bus :willy So now we need to insert detectives to find out if this machine really truly exists.. Don't be surprised if you see it now that its been mentioned.

I do remember that saleen had one on the rack with the wide body kit at the rally in detroit.. I think I have a pic

Attachments

• saleen.jpg
    saleen.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 197

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I found some rare factory colors!!

Attachments

• GT_3colors_med.jpg
    GT_3colors_med.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 366

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The cool color that never happend is gold mystic. It was scheduled to be applied to the 2000 SVT Cobra. The problem is there are no 2000 SVT cobras save 300 Red Cobra Rs. The paint is probably in some big buckets at Ford somewhere.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area

Color me crazy....but I will take that Yellow striped car any day!!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Color me crazy....but I will take that Yellow striped car any day!!

I think the green one is pretty hot.:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Sumbuddy's been playin' with his camera again...:slap

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Todd, I think you and I need to have a drink while at INDY !! :thumbsup

:cheers

a TEXAS size drink I hope :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
a TEXAS size drink I hope :cheers

Todd, how long did your Fresno project take you? To bad you couldn't hang around longer. See yah in Indy!:thumbsup

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Todd, how long did your Fresno project take you? To bad you couldn't hang around longer. See yah in Indy!:thumbsup

I was done just after noon. It was good seeing Issack (sorry sp) and you wish I could have chatted longer.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 130