Props to Drew (Yogi95) at Classic Auto Insurance

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I recently insured my collection of 8 cars (including 2 GT's) with Classic Auto Insurance, one of our Forum sponsors. For several years I used American Collector's which was affiliated with USAA (my DD's are with USAA). They got to be a PIA when trying to add cars. The same questions each time...what is your garage made of?, how far to a fire hydrant? Finally quit them when they wouldn't insure a vintage Ferrari I bought. Went to Grundy but they have been taken over by Philadelphia Insurance and their customer service was awful. My renewal with them came up and they hiked my premiums about $1500 for some reason. I call them and after being on hold forever they tell me that I only had comprehensive coverage but no collision. I tell them thats impossible. Then they tell me their computer system is messed up and they will get back to me with a correct quote. Two weeks later...nothing. I called Classic Auto and an actual human answered, got all my info and Drew had a quote to me the same day. Got my whole collection insured for agreed value in just a few days. Class operation.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Great story..............it is amazing to me that in today's economic environment, the amount of companies that are getting increasingly harder to PURCHASE from.

I can take your above story and apply it to several companies I have tried dealing with in the past year. Heck, it was Sears, AT&T, and Verizon just last week that put up so many roadblocks to PURCHASING their services/products that I just started laughing at them openly. Both their Sales staff's and Customer Service personnel are untrained, un-motivated, and some simply bordering on stupid.

I have read the stats regarding the expenses behind Customer Service, and these companies are acting out the 'penny wise, pound foolish' scenario to unheard of levels I have never experienced before.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
a

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I was lucky enough to engage Drew's services several years ago when I too experienced disappointing customer support from Grundy.
Besides being a Forum sponsor, Drew's attention to detail and policy execution is top notch.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Drew is definitely the man. He's added and subtracted a number of cars for me with no hassle. Got my home done through him too.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
He's an excellent agent and a good guy. :thumbsup

He needs to drive his GT a bit more. :biggrin

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Third year with Drew and very happy. Cut my costs by 30% and I know if I ever have a claim it will be handled. I pay for coverage on the amount I set (and hope I never use) but if needed I feel there will not be a hassle. Even got huge savings on my H-D and Motor home with the package. Plus Drew screamed like a little girl on the track at Miller, got to love that.

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Thanks Ajai (ByeEnzo) for your business. It is a pleasure to have you on board and what an awesome collection of cars.

Thanks also for the vote of confidence from DBK, IndyGT, Cobrar, and BigInchBlake (I don't remember Miller quite that way! LOL). Many other great customers on this forum and we appreciate your business as well. Yes we do need to get that GT out more, but at 293 miles on the odom and busy quoting these great members of the FGT Forum - makes it hard for us to get out. I did back it out of the warehouse over the weekend. I think we went from 293.6 to 293.6!

Plus Drew screamed like a little girl on the track at Miller, got to love that.

See you in NOLA!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Couldn't be happier with Classic / Drew. Been with them for three years also. Whatever issue has come up they handle it great.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
yeah, Drew was VERY helpful to me with my odd assortment of cars.(and patient)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Drew's the man. Just sold my AC Mark IV Cobra but still have my 2006 FordGT with Drew with no problems what so ever. Great to deal with. Tomy

jrader1

GT Owner
Aug 16, 2006
Drew insures my 2 GTs, Bentley, 66 Corvette, 66 Shelby GT350H, 53 Ford F-100 and 4 different motorcycles all at agreed upon value without any problems. Understands the vehicles and great to deal with.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Drew is awesome. One of very very few insurance guys I would recommend to anyone!

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Similar experience here. Switched from Grundy to Classic this year.