Professional GT Fender Emblems - Finally.

H

HHGT

Okay guys, I am going to pay for the design and possibly the prototype out of pocket. If any of you are going to back out, it will translate to the others having to pick up the difference. If you want to pull out for any reason, please let me know now so that I can recalculate.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Do you have any designs yet or estimated prices?

H

HHGT

Do you have any designs yet or estimated prices?

Here is the original message...

Description:

Create “factory” fender emblem for the GT-40

Project scope: Concept design, to production, to shipment of emblem to individual end user.

Create 6 Concept Designs:

Create two dimensional line drawings for each of 3 concepts discussed, 2 variations per design:

1) The GTX1 Style emblem

2) The American Style Shield

3) Shield with waving flag design

These 6 designs will be narrowed down by the client to 3 designs.

The design elements discussed are:

The design will be a shield shape, with raised metal outter rim, and raised design.

There will be recessed areas to be filled with color.

The colors of the emblem will be red, white and blue.

The blue and red can be either opaque or translucent.

Incorporate an area to be laser engraved with an individual number co-relating to each vehicle.

Create 3D renderings of 3 designs:

The remaining 3 designs will be built in CAD, with top and side view 3 dimensional renderings.

The renderings will be submitted as jpg files for your review.

These 3 designs will be narrowed down by the client to 2 designs.

Create Prototypes of 2 designs.

These designs will be created as prototype models, in the appropriate manner and material determined by the design.
They will have a brushed metal appearing finish, and color represented as in the final product.

You will receive the prototype and jpg photo files for your final decision.

Tooling:

Once you make the final design decision, we will procede with tooling, molds, casting and production of the final design.

Note: Any additional design modifications beyond the scope above will incur addition costs.

Any additional costs will be discussed with and approved by client prior to additional work being done.

Details:

Shape: Shield shaped

Size: approx 3.25” tall

Finish: Brushed finish silver colored metal

Material: Plated white metal

Payment/ Ordering Options:

Initial 50 piece production run (50 individual emblems, or 25 sets of 2 emblems)

Create 50 piece run, includes all one time art, setup and tooling as described above:

$158.00 per piece

Subsequent runs of 50 pieces:

$90.45 per piece

Initial 100 piece production run (100 individual emblems, or 50 sets of 2 emblems)

Create 100 piece run, includes all one time art, setup and tooling as described above:

$114.00 per piece
Subsequent runs of 100 pieces:

$80.65 per piece

Laser engraving numbers on the emblems will be additional, and will be done for you at our cost. The numbers for engraving all the pieces must all be supplied at the same time for the most cost effective engraving.

Shipping to the individual end user is not included, and will run approximately $7 for packaging each individual order, plus actual UPS ground shipping charges.

One third of total job cost is required as deposit to start work.

One third due on approval of final design.

One third due upon completion of job, prior to shipping, price does not include shipping costs.

Timing:

Create 6 Concept Designs:

10 working days

Create 3D renderings of 3 designs:

5 working days

Create Prototypes of 2 designs:

Depends on the process used, and could take 10 to 20 working days.

This can vary depending on the designs and materials used.

We will work with you to do it in the most timely manner possible.

Tooling & production:

From this point forward it usually takes 6-8 weeks, depending on processes and materials.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sam, somehow I have missed this thread lately....if not too late, please count me in for one pair.
Thanks! :thumbsup

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Sam, I am still IN!!!!!

John

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
In

Hey Sam, I'm in for two sets.............GO BLU

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Sam, if not too late, one set for me please! Thanks

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Count me in for a set.

FastEddie

GT Owner/Operator
Sep 27, 2007
Me too!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Many thanks for taking all of this on for us, Sam. Exciting!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Still in for the Heritage emblems. Just let us know when you need funds from us.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I guess I'm dense but I've read throught your pricing post several times and still don't have a clue how this is going to work or how much it will cost but as long as it doesn't go over the $158 per piece I read, I'm in for a pair.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Still in for the Heritage emblems. Just let us know when you need funds from us.

Same here.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Count me in . With all of the accesories on the car will it slow down in Texas?

Thanks
Jim:thumbsup

H

HHGT

DBK can you please ask Camillo one more time.

Okay guys, this is getting a bit complex but I'm still pursuing it. The complexity lies in the fact that I know different people will like one design verses the other and making these prototypes is not cheap as you can tell by the response I got below. I'm now thinking it is best to ask Camillo design and render, if he is available of course. Dave can you please ask again.

The original proposal provided costs more in line with what everyone I feel would pay. $1385 per physical prototype is excessive (but may be necessary) unless everyone is willing to share in paying for the 3 prototypes in advance.

Your thoughts?

Description:

Create “factory” fender emblem for the GT-40, creating 3 prototype sets (of 2 each) of designs discussed:

The US Flag GTX1 Emblem

The Heritage Shield

The waving US flag shield

The Design Elements to be incorporated in the emblems are:

The design will be a shield shape, with raised metal outter rim, and raised design.

There will be recessed areas to be filled with color.

The colors of the emblem will be red, white and blue.

The blue and red can be either opaque or translucent.

Incorporate an area to be laser engraved with an individual number co-relating to each vehicle.

The Process:

First submit a line art for approval, then create the pieces in CAD and submit 3D renderings for approval. Once the artwork is approved, we will proceed with tooling and production of the final design.

Subsequent orders:

This is an order for 3 sets of 2 each prototypes, with the intention of future orders. This proposal includes creating a mold of each of these prototype designs, while we are making the pieces, so they are repeatable in the future. Otherwise to create them in the future, we would be back to square one. The pricing below includes making a mold of each piece; this is not a production mold, but a mold that we can create a production mold from in the future.

Details:

Shape: Shield shaped

Size: approx 3.25” tall

Finish: Brushed finish silver colored metal
Attaches: Automotive trim tape applied to the back

Material: Plated white metal

Payment/ Ordering Options:

Prototype pair of GT-40 Emblems, 3 design variations
$1385 per pair of emblems in each of 3 designs

One third of total job cost is required as deposit to start work.

One third due on approval of final design.

One third due upon completion of job, prior to shipping, price does not include shipping costs.

Timing:

Create line art:

10 working days

Create 3D renderings from line art:

5 working days

Tooling & creation of prototype emblems:

6-8 weeks from approval of artwork.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Here's a neat little LeMans badge I just bought on ebay (HEY! What's the Porsche doing in front of the GT?), thought it was interesting how they combined checkered flag and red/white/blue elements.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pors...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Attachments

• gt badge.jpg
    gt badge.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 256

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I really like the last pic posted. Of coures with out the Porsche and have 2 GTs instead. The white with blue first and the balck with silver second!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
so Sam let me get this right.... for a paultry $1,385 each original contributing member of this project will get 3 different sets of two badge?

If so – drop the laser numbering so “I can sell” the other two sets for $750.00 each to anybody else who would want to buy say a Heritic set or to Frank who will paint then red right away :rofl

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

That was at 11:10 am - at 4:00 pm, the GT40 won the race! :thumbsup

:cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Any update on this?