Private Sale GT Market Moves Quick

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Was on ebay a few days ago and saw a 06 tungsten 6,700 mile 3 option no BBS wheels or side stripes priced at $235,000. Saw the listing in the evening and told my girlfriend car would be sold by next morning. Sure enough was sold next day. Didn't bother posting the Shelby or other dealer/broker 3,2,1 countdown. My expierence has been that a private sale GT moves very quickly when priced resonable. Have also seen cars re-appear on ebay when the PPI was not clean. Bottom line for prospective buyers is that you must move quickly when the right GT for you comes up for sale and have a PPI performed by an experienced GT Technician.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
private sales are good but newbies have to have a PPI done before purchase. Retailers such as Shelby I think are an asset to the business because they know what they are selling and not trying to sell re-builds as perfect cars. there are too many "story" cars being sold as perfect by people who nothing about the business or truely care other than to make a quick buck. I'd rather pay a little more for a clean car from a reputable dealer that I know is selling me a good piece. I have no pity for over seas buyers purchasing "story" cars without doing their due diligence and ending up with a "heriatge painted" car that was once a different color. JMO

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I agree, many buyers I know have purchased GTs site unseen from Shelby and were not disappointed. The lure of private sales is no taxes at least in Arizona.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
On a tangent, but still somewhat related;

Somewhere our information is available publically. I have received 2 unsolicited offers to buy thru the mail.

I know you can trace me if you know my name or license #, did not know they could trace me back thru ownership of a specific make or model.

I would be just as happy if the hoopla died down a bit. Hot markets are great for those wanting to sell. Not so great for those not wanting to.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The owner of this car contacted me early this week and offered me the car before he offered it public. He wanted me to pay the same price he offered it for on eBay. I told him there was no room left in it for me to make money, but also told him that the car was worth what he wanted if he was to retail it himself. I hope it worked out for him. Price was fair. But, having said all that, I have seen plenty of private party cars that were priced fair that ended up sitting for a good long while. Ya just never know....

f4udriver

GT Owner
May 9, 2011
Springfield, Il.

Somewhere our information is available publically. I have received 2 unsolicited offers to buy thru the mail.

I know you can trace me if you know my name or license #, did not know they could trace me back thru ownership of a specific make or model.

I would be just as happy if the hoopla died down a bit. Hot markets are great for those wanting to sell. Not so great for those not wanting to.

I believe some states sell the license and registration information. Assuming that is how you received the offers

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

I got an unsolicited "letter" from someone in Houston wanting to buy a low mileage GT. Didn't mention color. $250K max cash offer. Now my car has 40K miles on it, so I doubt anyone would want it. Googled the guy and his address is both a "custom home builder" and a car marketing company. Go figure.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I got an unsolicited "letter" from someone in Houston wanting to buy a low mileage GT. Didn't mention color. $250K max cash offer. Now my car has 40K miles on it, so I doubt anyone would want it. Googled the guy and his address is both a "custom home builder" and a car marketing company. Go figure.

I got the same letter.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I got the same letter also and called him and told him to call Shelby Smith, mine wasn't for sale at that price. He told me he wasn't going to pay retail prices. I told him to take my name off his list.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

I got the same letter.
I got the same letter. I can't say that I'm thrilled that some stranger tracked me down because of my GT.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got the same letter.

I got a letter that was a fake email from some sales manager mailed to me by one of the supposed sales guys. I just tossed it in the trash. I did get a bona fide call from a real dealer that called my number and asked for a strange name - until I realized a few days later that he was actually asking on my phone for the previous owner. He called back again with my name. Bottom feeder though.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Received the same letter from Tony Cantrell out of Texas. $250K Cash. So, HTF did he get my address, name. I'm in BF Egypt For C-sakes!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Received the same letter from Tony Cantrell out of Texas. $250K Cash. So, HTF did he get my address, name. I'm in BF Egypt For C-sakes!

I got the same letter. I can't say that I'm thrilled that some stranger tracked me down because of my GT.

Exactly. :frown

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
Theres two numbers you guys should call if you ever want to sell, shelby - dang forgot his number.....or us - 559-226-3500 or cell, 559-917-7165.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Theres two numbers you guys should call if you ever want to sell, shelby at www.eliteautosllc.com 8709318004 - .....or us - 8703517008 or cell, 8709327744.

^^^^^ There, I fixed it for you :thumbsup ^^^^^^^

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Gotta love those two guys! - :thumbsup

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Pretty neat when vendors have mutual respect. Rare

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Gotta love those two guys! - :thumbsup

LOL!

Good vendors.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Got the same letter. Now if he'd offer that price for my McLaren, the deal would have been done! I think the guy also collects Ferraris and has six or seven 246 spiders, including my old car