"Preferred parking " at Barrett Jackson?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
In the past I have always taken the Expedition to BJ's but this year I'd like to take my son in the gt...Anyone know if there is any gt friendly parking available? ( Deff not interested in any valet action)...Although the general parking lots are well organized I have no interest in risking the gt there. Thanks in advance!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have no interest in risking the gt there.

I'd keep that thought!!!

There is no "friendly" place to park a GT at that venue 'far as I'm concerned. Leave the GT in a 'safe place' at your hotel (or?) and take a cab.

(And BTW, as I recall they haven't had valet service at WestWorld for several years now...at least they haven't for "Goodguys" events...not that I'd recommend using the service anyway. I did that once...)

Edit:

"Note About Parking at WestWorld
WestWorld is a very large venue, and many events held there attract thousands of visitors. That means you won't be able to park in the lot at the entrance to WestWorld. The signage is usually very good along the Loop 101 service road, letting drivers know where to go for various types of parking (passes, handicapped, etc.). For the larger events, be prepared that you might have to take a shuttle from your parking lot, or walk a couple of blocks. General parking (no special pass) is often directed to 94th Street, just south of Bell Road."

So, there you go, I guess...

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
thanks EP.....I suspected that may be the case. I've been to both BJ'S and Goodguys 8 or 10 times in the past and have never had problems finding a spot in the main lot and simply catching one of the regular shuttles to the entrance. I was hoping to hit the Pavillions with the gt after BJ'S on Sat evening but since my place is 45 mins away it looks like swapping the Expedition out would be too time consuming. Thanks for the input.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Its past now, but I believe when you register to bid before the december deadline, you get a fancy parking pass. I made the early deadline this year, so see if it makes any difference. for sure dont need clean parking for the rental, but closer doesnt hurt.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wouldn't take my GT to Westworld (for that matter, anything but a rental car :) ). You will end up parking in a field somewhere. There are no paved lots with stripes. From opening until about 6:00PM they direct you to a line and the cars are jammed. You most likely would not even be able to open the door enough to get out (or have to do the Clarkson snake imitation and crawl out on your belly). Even if you get there early you'll have a 1/2-1 mile walk. Later and you'll end up off site with a shuttle bus ride. Don't forget where you parked!!! One night I went to the wrong lot after I got turned around in the dark and rain (thinking I was taking a shortcut) and ended up across from my car with a 10' fence and had to double back...

If you've never been to BJ Scottsdale do go - I consider it a car show more than anything.

I get comp'd passes but considered that registering as a bidder gets you access to the free beer and (as was indicated earlier) a parking place on some days, so for the convenience alone might be worth it. Also, my recollection is that the package includes two passes (one guest, so you're almost there for the 5 day pass for two people). The bidder does get access to the stage, so if you like taking pictures that's your best place.

Vegas is a lot easier to navigate with the hotel parking you can find a secluded space in the garage or valet (and there are lots of hotels nearby with similar services just take the tram).

Last edited: