Prayers needed for a fellow forum member KDO GT

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Kevin, and family. You are in my prayers. May your recovery be complete.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hang in there Kevin we will be praying for you and your family

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Wow, I just talked to him a couple days ago. Kevin is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. Thanks for the heads up John. In gonna try to get intouch with him and see what I can find out. Praying for my buddy....

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
In our prayers, God be with you.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
My thoughts are with you and your family Kevin. Wishing you the best!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Dang, makes me sad.

I hope his family comes here to see this. We are, I think, his second family.

Again, bummed to hear. It could be any one of us any time.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Get well soon Kevin and back in the drivers seat , our prayers are with you

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hang in there KDO GT! Best wishes always,

Ed

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Here is wishing you a speedy recovery, Kevin!
ben

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Prayers to Kevin and family. What a shock to have that happen so young. Hope you are back on your feet and fully recovered as quickly as possible.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
So sorry to hear this.

To a speedy and healthy recovery Kevin!

Our thoughts are with you!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Update from Kevin's wife on 4/7/14:
"The latest is, the Bubble Test came back positive, showing a hole in his heart that he was probably born with. This is probably where the clot passed through to the brain. Short term, they will give him Coumadin (blood thinner) long term, Miami is where they send them for surgery, so we will have it done at John Hopkins. He will have a PFO- Patent Foramen Ovale, this will close the hole. He is still unable to see, he can, now lift his right arm very slowly, but his foot is turned in and has no feeling at all, however, the physical therapist got him to walk to the end of the hall, but he slides his foot. He is very upset, and even more so when I mention certain people. I read him everything that you all write, even though he can't remember, but he knows who you are because he gets upset. They said we will still be here a while, because he's so unstable. I fill you in more later."

Cards can be sent to:
Gulf Coast Medical Center
13681 Doctors Way
Fort Myers, FL. 33912
Room# 2230

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Update from Kevin's wife 4/9/14:
"Breaking news, LOL! I thought I would start off with a little humor, because he thinks he's funny telling the nurses that I tried to trip him, and that I beat him, that's why he can't see, and why his mouth is droopy. So he may be sent to a rehabilitation hospital tomorrow, because he needs intense therapy asap. They are now wondering if the clot came from the hole in his heart, because the right side of his esophagus was clear, and more than likely, it would have went to the right side of the brain, where, I found out today that he had two areas that the stroke hit, the back left, and the front. They are waiting on an anti phospholipid antibodies test that will take a few weeks to get back. This is a condition that can thicken the blood, so maybe this is what happened? He should be in therapy for about 7 days, give or take, so I am hoping less because he is doing pretty good. He's told the therapist she had his socks on back wards, that she needs to make things easier, that he feels a breeze blowing up his dress, and that I've been beating on him in here, LOL! He definitely has NOT lost his humor! I still in my heart (but what do I know) think that it has something to do with his severe migraines that he gets."

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Can't add a darned thing to the thoughts above.

'Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thank you for the updates John!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
When I hear about things like this happening, it scares the living shit outta me. Life's just too short...

I sure hope and pray he makes a full recovery and puts this episode way behind him.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Wishes for a speedy recovery

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Important to have a good sense of humor!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Update as of this afternoon from Kevin's wife. The video she posted showed him walking very slowly down the hallway with his therapist.

"He came in here not able to move his entire right side at all, didn't even know who he was, could hardly get a word out, and could not even lift his arm. He's doing pretty good, but it's weird because yesterday he could hardly do anything. He still can't see out of the right eye, and the left one is blurry. Still has absolutely no feeling at all from the right side waste down. His right arm is moving a little better, with very little feeling in that. Almost ready to go to rehab in about another hour or two."

He is now at the Lee Memorial Rehabilitation Center

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
God bless him. These things can go in so many different directions. Hopefully the blood thinners will get him through along with the PT.

The truth is talk to any neuro surgeon --- their stroke patients are from anywhere in their 20 s to 90s. Many young folks have tias/ strokes.