possible 2nd GT

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Ok guys I have an opportunity to aquire a second NEW GT. I already have white with blue stripe. This second car would be a pure investment play and then I could modify the first one. The colour choices are white /blue stripe again or black with silver stripe. I have not seen a black car at all so I really can't say how it looks like in true life form. Now I know you guys out there have seen black. So if it was your choice and again as an investment what colour would you buy and what colour do you think will keep /increase in value over time considering all things be equal as of todays market.
If you guys have some pics of the black silver combo please post or pm me and i will give my email address to send the pics to.
Thanks for your help guys.:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I have and love the Blk/ Slvr combo. It does take work to keep it clean but a good Zaino job really brings out the luster....

To see a good viewing of the blk/ slvr car look at Shadowmans post when he had the doors converted to the Lambo options from Gennadi at his shop.

As far as value - who cares. I enjoy the car to much to worry about the gain or loss of owning it.

:banana Drive it like ya stole it :banana

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona

A good friend just put his car on e-bay. 2005 white/blue stripes, all options. I think he has about 5-6 thousand miles on it. It's in perfect shape, never raced or ran hard. I've done all the fine tuning on the car, because I built it at Wixom. It's kind of like my baby. It's had the Ford replacement axle flange bolts done by the dealer.

Not sure what he wants for it, but I can say for certain that this is a REALLY good car. Breaks my heart to see it go, but hopefully, it will go to a good home.

PM me if your interested, and I'll give you his number.

Thanks
Rich :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DO IT DUDE!! Let's sew up the market and drive the price up.

Seriously, if you're buying for investment purposes, you want to buy a rare color with as few options if possible. An '05 Quicksilver, either year model in yellow or just about any color that doesn't have any options. At this stage of production, your options are very slim for a new car. A low mile used car may be your only option in some colors.

Whatever your choice, do it soon. Prices are rising:thumbsup

BTW...black IS beautiful!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Go for tthe black w/ stripes. You already have white w/ blue so you do not need another in the same color. The black cars look awesome...they look like Batmans day car. You will not regret it.

Stu

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Texas GT I agree. Are you going to help by sending some funds my way??!!!:biggrin :willy :cheers
GT Tech I can not import the car where I am. It is on a prohibited list unfortunately.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I love my black. Always draws a crowd. Or at least draws some guy to put his hand on the door frame...Heheh.

IMG_5673a.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
more paparazzi...

IMG_1927a-1.jpg

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The colour choices are white /blue stripe again or black with silver stripe. So if it was your choice and again as an investment what colour would you buy and what colour do you think will keep /increase in value over time considering all things be equal as of todays market.

Black - Silver would be my vote for one to "invest". On top of just the look and potential desireability, a black car needs to be perfect otherwise you will see any imperfection. In my youth of working on Corvettes (mid 60s), we always said buy a black car and sell a white car (see all the flaws - hide all the flaws).

Seriously, if you're buying for investment purposes, you want to buy a rare color with as few options if possible. An '05 Quicksilver, either year model in yellow or just about any color that doesn't have any options.

Agree. That why I am sitting on a no option yellow.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
It does take work to keep it clean but a good Zaino job really brings out the luster....
I'm hooked on Zaino :thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Buying a GT for pure investment is not likely to make you wealthy. If you finance the purchase, most of your profit will go to the lender. If you pay cash for the GT, and it takes only 12 years to double in value (i.e. 170,000 purchase & 340,000 sale), you will have earned only 6% on your money before the costs of ownership (insurance, storage, taxes, tags, etc). Your actual return will probably be less than what you could have earned with your money in a bank.
On the other hand, if you buy one to enjoy and sell it in 12 years for less than what you paid for it, you will have had at least a million dollars worth of fun and millions of smiles over tens of thousands of miles.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
What Kirby said...
If you look at it as an investment you need to look at the cost of carry and risk (i.e. volatility of the particular asset) vs potential returns.

There are very few cars that can qualify as having been profitable investments.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Seriously, if you're buying for investment purposes, you want to buy a rare color with as few options if possible.

I think there will be 2 GT's that become desirable to the "investors"/ collectors. (1) Those with rare colors and no options (2) those with every possible option AND a unique look. With no difference in chassis, engine, drive train, interior, ETC. the only major difference becomes the look. 343 Heritage cars built available in 1 year only. The Heritage cars built with ALL options are even less and I think will put them among the rare and most desirable. At least that's what the salesman told me.:lol

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Kirby and 911 I agree with your finacial analysis. I agree it may not be the best return. But it is something I can control not like the stock market and I do get the pleasure of admiring it every day. Like art work. Hell that has to have some value!!:banana
Also from up here, north of he border there are way less available here to be had.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Agree 06fordgt.

In your market, and in this one case, I think an exotic as an investment just might pay off. I was talking to a co-worker the other day. He's an automotive journalist like me, and he's driven EVERYTHING (yes, in the six-figure market to). He remains blown away by the GT purely on a technical/styling/performance aspect, and then agrees that the uniqueness of the vehicle (it's just not your typical Ford, or even your typical domestic product). Between these issues he and I agree the GT could attain some scary values (in a good way) over the next 10-20 years.

Yes, cars will come along with better performance, but the combination of GT traits is pretty damn rare. Plus the dumb@*4ks who keep wrecking them are actually making the "too many were built" argument evaporate.

Worst-case scenario, you have an extremely attractive piece of art in your garage for the next 10-plus years. Plenty of people have lost $150,000-plus on worse ventures. :banana

The wife would kill me if I tried this one...and I'm still thinking about it (shhhhh!).

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
OK DONE!! Made the move. Bought an 06 Black with silver stripe, 54 miles, never titled GT!! Should be delivered this weekend. Up on the hoist it will go! Now i can really play with the white one.:biggrin

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona

Whats the VIN? The last 4 numbers anyway. It may be a special car.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
GT Tech they are ALL special!! # 1905.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
OK DONE!! Made the move. Bought an 06 Black with silver stripe, 54 miles, never titled GT!! Should be delivered this weekend. Up on the hoist it will go! Now i can really play with the white one.:biggrin

Nice choice!

Congratulations on the new addition! :thumbsup

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Of course they are all special. Silly Me.

The reason I ask is that the last team built car was a black/with silver stripes, 06 VIN# 1168, built on 4/29/06.

Congrats on #2. A wise decision. :thumbsup :thumbsup