Poised to purchase....

BH1

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2006
Hey,
noob here and I want to say that I am poised to buy a 2005 GT with all options from a buddy. The car has 1400 miles and is perfect. I am coming out of a Ferrari and I am very much impressed with the quality of this car. I have never been a Ford fan but as one of my collegues said to me regarding the car.. "It may say Ford on the badge, but its a true exotic". I agree. I will be picking this car up in the next few days and look forward to giving a full report. I have learned a great deal on this forum in the past few weeks and look forward to being a regular contributor.

Attachments

• IMG_0860smx.jpg
    IMG_0860smx.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 264

BH1

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2006
A few more

img0861smab9.jpg

img0864smqp2.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
you will NOT be disapointed, and welcome!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Welcome! We don't tend to knock other marques here, but we are always really very interested in early driving impressions when having stepped out of an Italian beastie!

So please do commit those early thoughts to the Forum...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome, buy it, first I was concerned that was Awsum's car, but this one doesn't have the blister on the paint on the door. I am an F car owner and have always loved the marque and have never been disappointed with Maranello. However, I am awaiting the SMART car introduction into the USA and plan to test drive one...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/fernotsmart.html

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Makes you think twice about who you pick a race with. I must admit that if the guy in the "Smart Car" would have tried to race me on the road... I would have gotten out of the car and then rolled around on the ground laughing. I think I would of faked some engine problems after the devastating reality sank in.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BH1-

Looks like a Florida car. Where are you located?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
You're getting the best color scheme! :thumbsup
Congrats! :banana

BH1

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2006
Florida Chris said:
BH1-

Looks like a Florida car. Where are you located?
I am in New Smyrna Beach about 20 miles south of Daytona. The pictures were taken in my driveway when he took delivery. We are good friends and business partners. He is planning to get a black with silver!!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
BH1 said:
He is planning to get a black with silver!!!

Now we're talking! Your partner has taste!

Actually - even the old one is a great car

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Nice color scheme... best one out there

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
bony said:
Welcome, buy it, first I was concerned that was Awsum's car, but this one doesn't have the blister on the paint on the door. I am an F car owner and have always loved the marque and have never been disappointed with Maranello. However, I am awaiting the SMART car introduction into the USA and plan to test drive one...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/fernotsmart.html

I saw a new white, two seater, Smart car driving around Newport Beach the other day. Looked tiny.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Smart Car

FYI- there are Smart Cars availiable in Seattle.

I've seen them around Britsh Columbia for the last year or so. Dealer in Victoria can't get enough of them from the factory. A good friend has one and loves it.

Beware- it draws as much attention as a GT.

I like the FortyTwo open version.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
PL510*Jeff said:
FYI- there are Smart Cars availiable in Seattle.

I've seen them around Britsh Columbia for the last year or so. Dealer in Victoria can't get enough of them from the factory. A good friend has one and loves it.

Beware- it draws as much attention as a GT.

I like the FortyTwo open version.

Hello Jeff,
I know you will fit in one, how about little old me? :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Litle Old Man

Mr. B (please note that is a Big "B")
Shouldn't be a problem. Not quite Opera Seating but very adequate. Let me know when you're coming North to Seattle and I'll take you to the dealer here. You can try it on for size. XXXL I believe.

BH1

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2006
Done!! I did it tonight.... kinda feeling queezy but it will pass. I have never been a Ford fan but this car has something about it that really moves me. I am tired of pussy footing around in Ferraris afraid to break them when I run hard. This car says "I dare you"!!!!

in the garage next to the Benzo....

dsc04244wj8.jpg

dsc04245hx4.jpg

BH1

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2006
How do I get switched from spectator to owner???

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats! Not sure how to switch to owner. Did you update your VIN in user profile? Maybe that does it.

For Today, which is Day 3 of my new ownership - I took my GT to watch the BMW Performance School. Uh, there is no comparison with a new M5 or M6 to the GT. But I'm sure you all already know that. I've been a BMW fan for many years. I found the new M5 and M6 to be unengaging and detached today in my track runs.

The GT is over the top. Awesome...

A lot of interest from the students and instructors.

IMG_1463.jpg

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BH1 said:
How do I get switched from spectator to owner???

Send a PM to DBK with your VIN. He'll take car of it.

Congrats!

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
It's also nice to see that your friend left all of the factory applied stickers! Make sure you photo those for historical/collector purposes. Rich