Played with a new Z06 today

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
My friends new Z06 with a tune and intake.

1st through 3rd gears and I beat him by 1 1/2 - 2 cars(roll ons)

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
great story

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
great story

Thanks

Actaully thought he would get me

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
What did you drive? IMO if everything is equal even a slightly modded C6Z06 shouldnt walk a FGT.

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
What did you drive? IMO if everything is equal even a slightly modded C6Z06 shouldnt walk a FGT.

Drove the GT.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Last fall I tested 2 of my cars: a stock '07 Z06 and a stock '05 GT in 1st, 2nd and 3rd from 2000 and 3000 rpm in each gear. No shifting, no driver skill, just the cars accelerating through a gear. My seat-of-the-pants feeling was the cars would be very similar in 1st and 2nd but the GT would be noticeably stronger in 3rd gear. 1st gear was essentially equal with a slight edge to the Z06. 2nd gear was a modest advantage for the Z06, 3rd gear was a more obvious advantage for the Z06. Although this surprised me and the friend who was driving the GT, it doesn't mean anything other than this particular Z06 was faster than that particular GT, because neither of these cars has had a similar acceleration test against anything else. However; that GT is having a baseline dyno and custom tune this coming weekend. so it will be interesting to see what kind of power it was making from the fractory tune and what it lays down with a custom tune.

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
Last fall I tested 2 of my cars: a stock '07 Z06 and a stock '05 GT in 1st, 2nd and 3rd from 2000 and 3000 rpm in each gear. No shifting, no driver skill, just the cars accelerating through a gear. My seat-of-the-pants feeling was the cars would be very similar in 1st and 2nd but the GT would be noticeably stronger in 3rd gear. 1st gear was essentially equal with a slight edge to the Z06. 2nd gear was a modest advantage for the Z06, 3rd gear was a more obvious advantage for the Z06. Although this surprised me and the friend who was driving the GT, it doesn't mean anything other than this particular Z06 was faster than that particular GT, because neither of these cars has had a similar acceleration test against anything else. However; that GT is having a baseline dyno and custom tune this coming weekend. so it will be interesting to see what kind of power it was making from the fractory tune and what it lays down with a custom tune.

Keep us posted....who is doing the tune ?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The tune is being done by Jerry W. - the founder of SCT, on a dyno jet at a Ford Dealer in Atlanta where the GT Guys will be doing some mods June 2-3.

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
The tune is being done by Jerry W. - the founder of SCT, on a dyno jet at a Ford Dealer in Atlanta where the GT Guys will be doing some mods June 2-3.

Wish the GT Guys would come to NC

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Why don't you come to Atlanta next weekend. There's probably still time to order the performance mod parts, or just come for the custom tune.

twinvipers

Apr 30, 2007
Why don't you come to Atlanta next weekend. There's probably still time to order the performance mod parts, or just come for the custom tune.

Wish I could.

Let me know how yours turns out...

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Just fitted my '02 Z with 411 diff, and convinced that this car will keep up with or surpass anything out there 0-60 or 1/4 mile :thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Z06 vs GT

I just drove my GT at an open track at Reno-Fernley Raceway http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com My friend let his friend drive his stock GT for one of the sessions. He drives a modified 06 Z06. He was amazed at the "awesome brakes & steering" of the GT compared to his Z06. The Z06 owners I know all swap out their brake lines (rubber lines on a high performance car? - come on Chevy), rotors & calipers since the stock system won't survive hard driving on a track. I love the 11" wide front rims the Z06 drivers just bolt up with no clearance problems though.

Ed

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

Kirby, When I was at the PRI show last December I met the crazy guys at SCT.

Anyhow Jerry should know Lidio owner of Alternative and if you click the link below you will see two links one with pully/accufab the other bone stock then a bone stock tune (on dyno jet) Jerry might want to look at the dydno A/F for a base line....But then again he's crazy I saw them playing late at night in Orlando with his F350 dually diesel trying to tear up the parking lot.

Well if it helps great if not have fun in hotlanta.
http://www.alternativeauto.com/index.html

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks, TP.