Planet Earth

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is anybody watching this series? Unreal :eek

Some of the most phenomenal cinematography and nature footage ever filmed. The first really comprehensive High Definition documentary on the planet, using new techniques and equipment that allow unparalleled access to the world.

I swear, some of this stuff is insanely wild to watch. A Great White attack on a seal in South Africa shot at a frame rate that turns a 1 second kill into 47 seconds. Three years in the mountains of Pakistan to get just a few seconds of footage of a snow leopard on the hunt! A full aerial chase completely stable of a pack hunt in the African wild.

And not only is it amazing as footage of nature, but this stuff just EXPLODES off the screen. Literally 3D at times. Especially if your screen is a 1080p Pioneer Elite :wink

Discovery Channel every Sunday. I've recorded the first 5 so far. Ice Worlds on right now.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
isn't it called sunrise earth?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, that's a different show. Sunrise Earth, which is majorly boring by comparison, has been on for quite a while. This series just debuted last week. Sigourney Weaver narrates.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...Sigourney Weaver narrates.

I have always had the hots for her. :thumbsup

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
i'll have to check it out. I've only got a little 60" 1080i LG plasma to watch it on.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Marked it down on the calendar a month ago and have been watching since last week. Family time.. and yes the HD is wonderful on whatever model it is I have....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't know what the big damn deal is.

On my 1975 14" RCA it looks just like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Boy I sure miss Marlin Perkins....

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York
I have yet to watch this weeks episodes but last week was alright. I just wish they would give a little more detail about what they show us. It all goes by so fast! The 3 hours seemed like 1 hour to me. The Discovery Channel has become one of my favorite channels. Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters and the many specials they have like Planet Earth make for great watching!:cheers

M

Mark O

From Planet Earth to a dancing Mr. T signature. What a contrast in tv shows!! :lol

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I've been watching, it is fantastic.
Of course I've got a mondo TV so those 40 foot whales actually look 60 feet :biggrin