Pilots

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
There seems to be an aviation undercurrent through some of the threads. How many GT owners are also pilots and if so what do you fly? :cheers

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Got my private pilot license about eight years ago. Let it lapse tho- the Cessna 172 just wasn't fast enough (no where near the GT). And maybe motion sickness susceptibility had something to do with it too (I set some NASA JSC records for susceptibility when I worked there). As long as I'm fine driving the GT.
Barry

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Life Begins at 350 MPH

jimfro said:
There seems to be an aviation undercurrent through some of the threads. How many GT owners are also pilots and if so what do you fly? :cheers

I have been flying for 28 years. Helicopter and fixed wing, commercial and instrument rated. 3500 hours, (2500 aerobatics), 5 years right wing-Firebirds Aerobatic Team, 5 years airshow demonstration pilot for Stoddard-Hamilton Aircraft Co. flying the Glasair III. I currently own a Cirrus SR-22G2 and a Glasair III.

Chip

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I got my pilots license before my driver's license at age sixteen. I have been flying ever since. Over the years I have owned a number of aircraft but my current stable is a Citation CJ2 (soon to be traded on a CJ2+) which I fly SP, and a Waco YMF-5C.

I have an ATP. Also private helicopter and single engine seaplane ratings. Lots of aerobatic time, but just lazy casual stuff. Can't do much in a Stearman or a WACO, and what you can do happens real slooooooow... :biggrin

For those who don't know what a WACO looks like, here's a picture:

WACOinFlight.jpg

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
The Waco is a beautiful machine were do you base it? I had al J-3 for a number of years, but did't use it much. I now have a Cessna 210 for business and personal use. I am also ATP rated and flew DC-3's commercially in the 70's for a commuter. I have my own aircraft refurbishment company check out our web page www.highlandsaviation.com for highlights of what we do. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
jimfro said:
The Waco is a beautiful machine were do you base it? I had al J-3 for a number of years, but did't use it much. I now have a Cessna 210 for business and personal use. I am also ATP rated and flew DC-3's commercially in the 70's for a commuter. I have my own aircraft refurbishment company check out our web page www.highlandsaviation.com for highlights of what we do. :cheers

I have seen your ads. Good to put a "face" with the company.

I have always wanted to fly a DC-3. My dad flew them in the Alaskan bush for Reeves back in the 50s.

The WACO is based in Lantana, the CJ2 in Boca Raton.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Good Thread!

Beech King Air 200 now. The ultimate SUV. We travel in it from Maryland to the Abaco's alot. Great plane to haul a family or two. Had the flying bug for 20 years. Past planes include Cherokee 6 300, Malibu Mirage great plane, Citation jet, and now the King Air.

If anyone needs a charter I have it on a 135 certificate now go to frederickaviation.com

And Chris yes I do have a little CJ2 envy. Jim