Pilots and Planes

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Any pilots here? Plane owners? .... Who What Where & Why...

FloridaGTOwner

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
Pilots

One here. CE-650. You?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes, yes, and just because.

I've been flying for almost 30 years now. Commercial/instrument fixed wing and helicopter. I own two airplanes, the Glasair in the photo and a Cirrus SR-22G2. I performed for 6 years with the Firebirds Aerobatic Team and flew 4 years as the airshow demonstration pilot for Stoddard-Hamilton Aircraft where I flew the Glasair III. Now I only fly for business or fun. What do you fly??

Chip

Attachments

• Glasair III.jpg
    Glasair III.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 151

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Years back (early 90's) I finally started making a little money. Housing prices in locations where I wanted to live were still out of my price range so I learned to fly, bought a 210, built a throw down pad in Lake Havasu City for1/3rd the cost and commuted to work in less time than my friends were spending on the freeway:thumbsup.
Had it all figured out until Kennedy drove his into the drink and both the wife and weiner dog soured on the whole thing.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I've been flying for almost 30 years now. Commercial/instrument fixed wing and helicopter. I own two airplanes, the Glasair in the photo and a Cirrus SR-22G2. I performed for 6 years with the Firebirds Aerobatic Team and flew 4 years as the airshow demonstration pilot for Stoddard-Hamilton Aircraft where I flew the Glasair III. Now I only fly for business or fun. What do you fly??

Chip

Hmmm...350mph ...Ever get in trouble for speeding?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
AV-8B Harrier pilot currently serving as the Executive Officer of VMA-214, The Blacksheep. With the current costs of maintenance, JP-5, and precision guided munitions, I'm definitely not an owner. If I had to pay for the 20,000 lbs of JP-5 I burned today, I would never be able save for a GT.

Mr. Beck,

Will you by flying at the Yuma Airshow in Feb?

Best Regards,
Waldo

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AV-8B Harrier pilot currently serving as the Executive Officer of VMA-214, The Blacksheep. With the current costs of maintenance, JP-5, and precision guided munitions, I'm definitely not an owner. If I had to pay for the 20,000 lbs of JP-5 I burned today, I would never be able save for a GT.

Mr. Beck,

Will you by flying at the Yuma Airshow in Feb?

Best Regards,
Waldo

Thank you Waldo for your service to Country.
Come to Fresno and the bar is open and the steaks are thick!
If you haven't driven a GT yet, mine is waiting for you SIR!

:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

God Bless you and all our brave men and women and keep them out of harms way.

Daniel

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho

Daniel

Ditto's to that!:usa :thumbsup :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

ATP, Seaplane & Rotor. I have been flying since I was a teenager. My dad was a pilot for Pan Am which is where I got the bug. I've had a bunch of different planes over the years starting with a ratty 1965 CE 182 that I bought in 1982 for $5k. I currently fly a CE 525A (CJ2+) and a WACO WMF-5C. I am fortunate to get about 400 hours per year logged.

AV-8B Harrier pilot currently serving as the Executive Officer of VMA-214, The Blacksheep. With the current costs of maintenance, JP-5, and precision guided munitions, I'm definitely not an owner. If I had to pay for the 20,000 lbs of JP-5 I burned today, I would never be able save for a GT...
Waldo

Wow. Now THAT is flying! For those that don't know what an AV-8B Harrier is, I have posted a picture below. I hope you don't mind. 20,000 lbs of jet fuel at todays retail prices is about $12,000. Hell of a daily fuel bill.

Thanks for your service Waldo. :usa :usa

Attachments

• av-8b-navy525.jpg
    av-8b-navy525.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 121

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
me too!

Beech B200. And using it all over the east coast. It is the family station wagon and the trips just get longer and longer. Wish I could use it more. I’m in it for about 100 hours a year.

Favorite flying is over the Bahamas the water colors are unbelievable. No upside down stuff, and keep the ice off the wings.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks Waldo for both the service and sacrifice you and others make for our country. I think many have no idea what one gives up for a career in the military.
My little sister and her husban both are Naval Academy grads and both fly. It is a great life but both have put a "normal" life on hold for many years.
Sad part for me is nobody in the family wants to hear about how I grease my crosswind landings anymore at family dinners! :lol

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Daniel

Daniel,

It is truly my pleasure to wear the uniform. Thanks for the generous offer for a ride. I'll be sure to take you up on that the next time I fly into Fresno. If you are ever in Yuma, I'll be happy to give you a tour of the squadron.

My little sister and her husban both are Naval Academy grads and both fly. It is a great life but both have put a "normal" life on hold for many years.
Sad part for me is nobody in the family wants to hear about how I grease my crosswind landings anymore at family dinners! :lol

Steve,

What year did your sister graduate from the Academy? I was paroled in '93.
Hey, I never take those crosswind landings lightly. Of course I've always found it better to stop then land vice landing then stopping.

Best Regards,
Waldo

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Daniel,

It is truly my pleasure to wear the uniform. Thanks for the generous offer for a ride. I'll be sure to take you up on that the next time I fly into Fresno. If you are ever in Yuma, I'll be happy to give you a tour of the squadron.

Steve,

What year did your sister graduate from the Academy? I was paroled in '93.
Hey, I never take those crosswind landings lightly. Of course I've always found it better to stop then land vice landing then stopping.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Greetings Waldo,

When you fly into Fresno I will be thrilled to pick you up in the GT and share a great meal.

Used to know the Major in charge of maintenance out there, have meet the Base Commander recently. There is a risk that we loose that base, since the squadron is currently not on a list to get replacement aircrafts.
The Fresno base is most important to our community.

My best base story is that a group of us in 2002 visited Beale, we have a pal that is a Lt Col and he gave us rides in the Camaro chase cars and we took some great pictures. I will post a couple.

GOD BLESS AMERICA,
daniel

how's this for VIP parking...

Attachments

• DSCN0996.JPG
    DSCN0996.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
close enough? U2 landing, pilot is just about ready to touch down

Attachments

• B21.JPG
    B21.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
U2...chasing a U2 in a Camaro driven by another pilot who is talking down the pilot

Attachments

• DSCN0949.JPG
    DSCN0949.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
some people never get any respect

Attachments

• DSCN1021.JPG
    DSCN1021.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 63

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Greetings Waldo,

When you fly into Fresno I will be thrilled to pick you up in the GT and share a great meal.

Used to know the Major in charge of maintenance out there, have meet the Base Commander recently. There is a risk that we loose that base, since the squadron is currently not on a list to get replacement aircrafts.
The Fresno base is most important to our community.

My best base story is that a group of us in 2002 visited Beale, we have a pal that is a Lt Col and he gave us rides in the Camaro chase cars and we took some great pictures. I will post a couple.

GOD BLESS AMERICA,
daniel

how's this for VIP parking...

Daniel,

I became friends with a U2 pilot on my last tour (Joint Staff Tour at US Forces Korea). He explained the U2 landing procedures to me, and they sound about as wild and crazy as getting a 19,000 lb jet to hover on a fountain of air. It will probably be late next summer before I can take you up on your offer. I will be leaving shortly for a 7-month deployment to the western pacific. Although if all goes as planned, I'm hoping to upgrade my status from "spectator" to "owner" after I return from the deployment.

For those supporters of V/STOL here's a picture from a previous tour.
wingjx2.jpg

Best Regards,
Jason

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings Jason!

My friend is Lt.C J.S. and a squadron commander...and he spent a year in Korea, he has been back for about a year or so. Yup, amazing to watch them land, they can't land in a cross wind greater than 35mph. You can turn off the power over Montreal and glide all the way to Georgia:wink . Cruise is a leisurely 400mph at "higher than 70,000 feet" Many of the U2 pilots come from backgrounds of flying heavy stuff.

Your bird is pretty interesting as well. Has some great history.

Be safe, and thanks again for your commitment to Country.

God Bless you Jason and all our brave servicemen/women.

Daniel

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
pilots

I fly a c182 fish in Baja alot with it or do Flying Sameritans mission trips with it. I fly about 100 hours a year hangered at WHP.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Beech Baron 56TC, Not a jet, but quite the little hotrod for a piston engine.
Twin 380 hp, 247 knot cruise.

Attachments

• N79X 6 small.JPG
    N79X 6 small.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 38