Photoradar tickets in France

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Man, as I read each subsequent post, I got lucky last year in France and Italy because I was basically passing every car insight...

Anyone from the US or Canada have any knowledge / experience in NOT paying for a few photo radar tickets for supposedly speeding while driving a rental vehicle in France ? The request for payment was sent by in the mail by some authority and not the rental company.

Hello all of you with speed tickets in France,

you risk if you do not pay the tickets from your last stay/drive in France, to get arrested at any airport in France, upon landing there on the spot and been kept in custody until you pay the outstanding amount !

It is also likely that the french embassies in USA or Canada will take all possible legal actions to get the money from the "speeding" drivers.
I am not kidding, as i know from a friend to whom exactly that happened on landing in France.

sincerely

Felix

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Interesting responses indeed :wink :eek

The rental company Sixt charged a 20 or 25 euro fee directly to my credit card for each supposed infraction. This is for them passing on my mailing address to the authority that wants the $. It is my understanding that the authority cannot force the rental company to collect or charge my card on their behalf.
Hence the question: what recourse does the authority have?

Correct---now we prepare le butts. My defense is going to be... A Canadian made me do it. (I got mine following you)

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I just got an $85 miscellaneous charge on my Amex from Avis Car Rental. No info as to what it was. I'm guessing this?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm sending them (Hertz France) 20 Euro cash. Have some left over change. Not sure why they didn't just bill my CC.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
:rofl:rofl

Pretty sure if they have figured out who you are and where you live you better pay the fines .... unless you don´t plan on coming back :wink

As mentioned by others, probably not all cameras work so you probably got away with some they are not charging for .... :wink:facepalm:

#bendover #takeitlikeaman :lol:rofl

:cheers
Anders

:eek :slap :smash:leaving:

Not sure if there will be a France next time :frown. Anyway I called Sixt the rental company who said they have no access to ones credit card on behalf of the authority looking for its cut. That said Sixt - like Felix - recommended I pay or face possible arrest if ever i was to get off a plane in that country. On another note our research indicated that atleast 50 million whatevers was being collected annually via tourists this way by that country alone. More crack please and welcome to the new economy.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Terry the whole country must have you marked as easy money especially the bar fiasco at the golf course. What a joke that was.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
:eek :slap :smash:leaving:

Not sure if there will be a France next time :frown. Anyway I called Sixt the rental company who said they have no access to ones credit card on behalf of the authority looking for its cut. That said Sixt - like Felix - recommended I pay or face possible arrest if ever i was to get off a plane in that country. On another note our research indicated that atleast 50 million whatevers was being collected annually via tourists this way by that country alone. More crack please and welcome to the new economy.

we had an issue in Italy with a rental company and we didn't pay and had AMEX work it out with them... not sure if your credit card company will do the same.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Legs, are you SURE Anders wasn't with you? Seems to me last time in Detroit you two had some bad adventures.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The authorities in Austin have been alerted about those two.

Ed

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Terry the whole country must have you marked as easy money especially the bar fiasco at the golf course. What a joke that was.

For real... I forgot about that :frown the bar tender had probably been serving himself a little too much!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
:facepalm::biggrin
Legs, are you SURE Anders wasn't with you? Seems to me last time in Detroit you two had some bad adventures.

I'd probably been better off in his motor home ... Then again would probably have gotten tickets for going too slow :facepalm::rofl:biggrin

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The authorities in Austin have been alerted about those two.

Ed

It's all Anders. Bad man.