Photo shoot $

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
I've read a few post where people have offered their GT for photo shoots with models, hotels, whatever. I've been asked by a realtor for a photo opp in front of a local manse for sale. Is anyone charging for the car time or just for the ego boost. I've got other things to do so thought I might justify if the price were right. What would you charge per hr or for just showing up?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
One meeeelion dollers! Eh, I'd probably do it for free. If it's a she and she's hot, I might make other arrangements. ;)

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I wouldn't ask for cash - that seems a bit grubby really. However it's equally grubby for them to ask you to go out of your way to help them. Why should you?

Can you think of any favour they might do for you in return?

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
I lend mine to Ford over here in the UK quite often, but only for events that my company is running (so I can get my team to look after it!).

It's going up next month to Bedford Autodrome for static display at the Focus Coupe Cabriolet launch. (Who'd launch a cabriolet in the UK in December????)

I suppose it might just come out and do a few laps while we're there :willy

I don't charge them, but it's good for PR.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have let Ford Canada use my Gulf GT40 car # 1075 reproduction for both Toronto International Auto shows as well as their celibration of Mustangs 40 th anniversary and their 100th anniversary here in Canada. For the shows I got VIP tickerts to the opening night, before the public, mainly press. Met Brock Yates and Peter and Tom from dream car garage. Also got to see Gino Vanelli and Randy Bachman. The other 2 just for fun. No money has exchanged hands ----yet. It is great for the ego factor.

M

Mark O

I loaned my Viper GTS to the dealer I bought it from for a day as they wanted to shoot some dealership promo pictures with the car in it. I picked the car up at the end of the day with a hole in the driver's seat bottom. They did get me a new seat bottom, no questions asked, but it did teach me a lesson.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Big Carrot, I like the way you're thinking there - a hot model posing with the car might change the economic balance of the transaction. Only trouble is - my wife is a bit narrow-minded when it comes to me picking up strays like that (sorry Hon- she followed me home; what could I do?? - heh heh heh :biggrin )

As for me, I noticed at my local dealer how people were coming from miles away just to look at the GT they had in the lobby of the dealership. This went on for months before they finally released the car to the poor guy who bought it as he'd been waiting several months to drive it (as part of their contract).

So what I did was offer my car to the dealer for any future promos they might want to do, on the proviso it was roped off. He was quite happy about that. All goes towards building a positive relationship with the dealership.

wanaplay

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2006
Photo shoots

I'll share my experience......I have a number of cars that have been in photo shoots, for commercials, including moving and still shots. But, it has been a couple of years, so the prices have probably gone up. The rate was $250.00 per day for still shots (they call them picture cars), then more for moving video shots. On the last one, I negotiated with them and received alot more, but I transported the car enclosed to the location.I'm not sure where to check on the going rate now. These shoots included both USA and overseas products, From jeans to chewing gum, Marlboro, etc.

A note of caution. They will most likely NOT be as careful as you are about car. I strongly suggest you go with the car. They may want to sit on it, have a model pose in or on it. They are in the photo business, and they look at your car as just a prop. On one shoot, they chipped the paint on my 57 T Bird, and ended up paying me for a new paint job....after alot of negotions. It's your car, and it's the star of the show. You can ask what they are going to do, and give approval before they do it. Also, demand a certificate of insurance which most professionals will have.

I hope I havn't discouraged you.....It's fun and wonderful for the ego.

Good luck

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hey man, If your really in need of a couple bucks to get you by , just let us know. Someone will help you.

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
Outlaw said:
Hey man, If your really in need of a couple bucks to get you by , just let us know. Someone will help you.

Hey does that go for anybody? $1,000 would come in right handy at the moment - I need to buy a bolt for my helicopter. Can I send you my IBAN numbers?

Cheers! You're a true gent. Look me up if ever you come over to England. I live in the little bit that isn't London :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Outlaw said:

I just send you a pm with my SWIFT numbers. Thanks... I owe you :banana :willy :banana

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
wanaplay said:
I'll share my experience......I have a number of cars that have been in photo shoots, for commercials, including moving and still shots. But, it has been a couple of years, so the prices have probably gone up. The rate was $250.00 per day for still shots (they call them picture cars), then more for moving video shots. On the last one, I negotiated with them and received alot more, but I transported the car enclosed to the location.I'm not sure where to check on the going rate now. These shoots included both USA and overseas products, From jeans to chewing gum, Marlboro, etc.

A note of caution. They will most likely NOT be as careful as you are about car. I strongly suggest you go with the car. They may want to sit on it, have a model pose in or on it. They are in the photo business, and they look at your car as just a prop. On one shoot, they chipped the paint on my 57 T Bird, and ended up paying me for a new paint job....after alot of negotions. It's your car, and it's the star of the show. You can ask what they are going to do, and give approval before they do it. Also, demand a certificate of insurance which most professionals will have.

I hope I havn't discouraged you.....It's fun and wonderful for the ego.

Good luck

Guys, I just happend to this for a living, and what wanaplay just stated is right on the money. Some things you should consider though.....leaving your car with anyone is trouble. Initially a contract needs to be made and what the use of the vehicle needs to be made clear..ie.....model sitting in it, actor driving, putting a product on car, or just anything that might hurt the car in general. The name of my co is Picture Cars East Inc. and i have been supplying cars to this industry for 30 years. There are a lot of pit falls.. and you all should be aware of them...using common sense will never steer you wrong. Rule NO. 1........if you cannot be there or someone to represent and protect your car...dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!.....if the car needs to be used for let's say Ford, or a local dealer I can see doing it for the pleasure.. anyone else pays$$$$$$$$$$$$$......I had a photo shoot with my GT for a Penthouse clun in NYC and they paid me $2500.00 for 8 hous, and I would NOT let any of the models sit on my car..that gentelmen...is a no.no. damages will occur and you will be sick about them... I know that we are all proud of our cars (GT,s)...but as wanaplay said.. once on the set it becomes a prop...and nasty things will happen if you are not there guarding their every move. I supply some very expensive cars all over the place ....I make a living doing this...but,, for every car that goes out..I have a man with it all the time...with experience on preventing damages before they occur.... I might have painted a bleak picture...I;m not trying to....if an opportunity arises just ask the right questions, get ins. coverage...and get paid for it why not? In the future if you need my help with anything of this sort..please send me a PM.. I will never steer you wong... In the meantime have fun with it...lol

Gino

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
red gt 1442 said:
Guys, I just happend to this for a living, and what wanaplay just stated is right on the money. Some things you should consider though.....leaving your car with anyone is trouble. Initially a contract needs to be made and what the use of the vehicle needs to be made clear..ie.....model sitting in it, actor driving, putting a product on car, or just anything that might hurt the car in general. The name of my co is Picture Cars East Inc. and i have been supplying cars to this industry for 30 years. There are a lot of pit falls.. and you all should be aware of them...using common sense will never steer you wrong. Rule NO. 1........if you cannot be there or someone to represent and protect your car...dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!.....if the car needs to be used for let's say Ford, or a local dealer I can see doing it for the pleasure.. anyone else pays$$$$$$$$$$$$$......I had a photo shoot with my GT for a Penthouse clun in NYC and they paid me $2500.00 for 8 hous, and I would NOT let any of the models sit on my car..that gentelmen...is a no.no. damages will occur and you will be sick about them... I know that we are all proud of our cars (GT,s)...but as wanaplay said.. once on the set it becomes a prop...and nasty things will happen if you are not there guarding their every move. I supply some very expensive cars all over the place ....I make a living doing this...but,, for every car that goes out..I have a man with it all the time...with experience on preventing damages before they occur.... I might have painted a bleak picture...I;m not trying to....if an opportunity arises just ask the right questions, get ins. coverage...and get paid for it why not? In the future if you need my help with anything of this sort..please send me a PM.. I will never steer you wong... In the meantime have fun with it...lol

Gino

Great advise, Wayne, a friend of mine provided his CAV GT replica for a video shoot at Willow Springs race track at Dale Jr. drove it very hard, Sheryl Crow was pictured in it as well. Think they covered his expenses, he was proud to have had his car in the video and be there during the shoot.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I've a photoshoot lined up next week so THANKS for all the pointers. I'm actually doing it as a favor for my friend so I'm not charging him a dime, but I'll definitely keep a watchful eye on every move those models make :banana