Penske Set-up

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I need a little help changing some setting on my penske's. I didn't get the instructions so a little advice would be greatly appreciated.

I want to decrees the rebound on my rear shocks. The car seems to be too willing to 'bounce' up in the back when I hit the brakes hard or a road bump.

thanks
Fubar

Aug 25, 2006
I need a little help changing some setting on my penske's. I didn't get the instructions so a little advice would be greatly appreciated.

I want to decrees the rebound on my rear shocks. The car seems to be too willing to 'bounce' up in the back when I hit the brakes hard or a road bump.

thanks
Fubar

Hi Fubar

This should help

The adjustment to which you speak is the red adjuster at the top of the shock and NOT the black knob on the remote can.

Adjusting the dampening

There are 20 positions for rebound (red knob) adjuster on the top of shock body

Adjusting the bump

There are 16 positions for bump (black knob) on the remote can.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited by a moderator:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Always "Johnny on the Spot." I assume clockwise will firm it up?

Aug 25, 2006
Always "Johnny on the Spot." I assume clockwise will firm it up?

10-4

All the best

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Penske shocks

Fubar - Did you get your Penskes from Alex? He has a great manual for them he made. I can give you my settings if you have the triple adjustable with remote canisters. Of course, my settings will only work for the GT if you have the shock internals Alex set up since he did mine for me. I played with the settings but I've come back to the ones Alex recommended. Awesome suspension setup!

Ed

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Fubar - Did you get your Penskes from Alex? He has a great manual for them he made. I can give you my settings if you have the triple adjustable with remote canisters. Of course, my settings will only work for the GT if you have the shock internals Alex set up since he did mine for me. I played with the settings but I've come back to the ones Alex recommended. Awesome suspension setup!

Ed

I want I want :banana:willy:willy:willy

slf360@hotmail.com

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
settings or shocks?

SLF360 - do you want the settings or the shocks? If you have the shocks from Alex he gives you the settings but I'll help in anyway that I can.

Ed

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I want to decrease the rebound on my rear shocks. The car seems to be too willing to 'bounce' up in the back when I hit the brakes hard or a road bump.

thanks
Fubar

Fubar,
Based on your description, I believe you want to INCREASE the rebound dampening on your shocks, not decrease it...

Aug 25, 2006
Fubar,
Based on your description, I believe you want to INCREASE the rebound dampening on your shocks, not decrease it...

IMO you are correct

Takes care

Shadowman

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'd also try to increase the compression on the front shocks if the rear kicks up under braking.