GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Florida Chris said:
Tom-

Does your lift go through the ceiling?
Chris

The height of the lift is 1/2" more than the my ceiling height, so I just cut a 12 X 12 in the drywall, and then trimmed the opening. The mast is not attached at the top.

Tom

BLS

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2006
Winter Park, Florida
Tom,

Very nice... :thumbsup

Who makes that lift and where did you purchase it?

B

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tom, very slick, any issues with the thickness of the concrete? How tall is your ceiling? Nice garage! Congrats on the GT, where are you located?

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
bony said:
Tom, very slick, any issues with the thickness of the concrete? How tall is your ceiling? Nice garage! Congrats on the GT, where are you located?

When I built the garage, I used 6" of 5,000 psi concrete, with the intend of installing a lift someday. The ceiling is 10', I should have gone a little higher, but I was trying to match another garage that is attached.
I'm in Maryland. Your garage looks fimilar, are you on any Ferrari, Viper, or Porschce boards?

Tom

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
Tom B said:
When I built the garage, I used 6" of 5,000 psi concrete, with the intend of installing a lift someday. The ceiling is 10', I should have gone a little higher, but I was trying to match another garage that is attached.
I'm in Maryland. Your garage looks fimilar, are you on any Ferrari, Viper, or Porschce boards?

Tom
Nice garage. Could tell me the manufacturer of your lift. Thanks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I looks like a BendPak. Go to bendpak.com. I am think of getting their hd-9 for my garage.

Something like this one,

http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=911

BlackICE

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My garage is a complete slum in comparison.

I feel ashamed.

Is 'garage envy' a sin? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tom B said:

Tom

Hi Tom,
Yes, I am Bony on FerrariChat, hardly ever post, mostly lurk and learn. I may have posted with a car or two on there in the past. I post so little over there I don't recall. Your garage looks great. I would love a lift like yours, but I know my concrete is not thick enough.
Cheers, daniel

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
I have been very happy with Eagle Lifts--220v
xlt model allows 6'5" head clearance when up.
Solid, safe, pretty smooth and fast.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Rotory Lift

I have a 4 post Rotory Lift and I have been very happy with it. I checked out several while at the Barrett Jackson Auction last year and dollar for dollar compared to some of the others out there you can't go wrong with the Rotory Lift. :thumbsup