parking brake

paul uk

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2011
howdy partners... how do i adjust my hand brake as it seems very weak and probably wont pass its yearly check. cheers paul

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
You have to remove the bezel around the handbrake, then lift the rubber boot, you will see where the cable wraps around the lever mechanism, On the end of the cable you will see a 6 or 8mm nut, A 10mm spanner or long socket will fit. Just take up the slack, but don't over do it as the handbrake will stay on.. I have circled where the adjustment nut is. You may need to check the cables and handbrake pads in the rear calipers.

Attachments

• FGT Hanbrake 002.JPG
    FGT Hanbrake 002.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 234

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Sorry Wrong place should be where the U shaped piece is will attach another pic. It is where the black circle is.. How can we delete a thread or part of one..

Attachments

• FGT Hanbrake 002.JPG
    FGT Hanbrake 002.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 230

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sorry Wrong place should be where the U shaped piece is will attach another pic. It is where the black circle is.. How can we delete a thread or part of one..

Just edit the picture, delete the first one and replace it, or remove everything in the post and say "corrected"

paul uk

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2011
thanks guys, I,ll give it a tweak and hopefully that will get it through its test. cheers paul