Pacific Raceways Yesterday

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Took my ride to Pacific Raceways (formerly Seattle International Raceway) yesterday and took Proformance Racing School's High Performance Driving course which included plenty of track time with a professional instructor.

It was absolutely awesome and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the Seattle area who has a high performance vehicle.

Needless to say, the GT was the object of envy for all the other Maseratis, Lotus and Porches in the group as well as most of the instructors. This car absolutely adores hairpins, sweepers and switchbacks, not to mention the straightaway. I'm totally in love..... and she's not just a pretty face!

Here's the link for the school: http://www.proformanceracingschool.com/
These guys run a top notch operation!

Attachments

• Pacracewy.jpg
    Pacracewy.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 158

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm getting ready to do the same at Willow Springs....just got the transaxle cooler installed last week. Thanks for the report and getting me fired up :banana

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
KJRGT said:
I'm getting ready to do the same at Willow Springs....just got the transaxle cooler installed last week. Thanks for the report and getting me fired up :banana

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Just be careful of the wall at Willow Springs. I had a friend total his Porsche there a while back... Absolutely a great track though! Will there be video? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Just be careful of the wall at Willow Springs. I had a friend total his Porsche there a while back... Absolutely a great track though! Will there be video? :biggrin

willow is the fastest track in California, not for the overconfident more guts than talent and brains driver. Have yet to see a weekend go by without big stories.

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Kageno,

What was your speed at the end of the front straight? I would guess 170-175?
I love that right turn at the end that is taken flat out.

It is a beautiful track. Like racing in a national park.

Craig

kageno

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2006
Kenmore WA
Craig said:
Kageno,

What was your speed at the end of the front straight? I would guess 170-175?
I love that right turn at the end that is taken flat out.

It is a beautiful track. Like racing in a national park.

Craig

As much as I'd like to, I'm not gonna lie to you. I am a rank novice and this was my first track experience.....my instructor tells me that I entered the turn at 130....hope to do better next time.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Glad you got to do a track day with your GT. Don Kitch does run a very good program. Who was your instructor? Doc or Michael?

Next time out your need to get it out of 3rd gear!

Turn One is quite intimidating and "un-natural" until you get comfortable with your car and the track. Driving past that concrete barrier, and "just" missing it by 3 - 4 feet at top speed, is awsome when you do it right.

I'll give a call when I return from the Rally.

Jeff

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
centerpunch said:
...A 200 MPH car on "the fastest track in California" is NOT a good way for a beginner to learn track driving!...
He was at Pacific Raceways, not Willow Springs. It got a little confusing with the other comments.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
PL510*Jeff said:
Glad you got to do a track day with your GT. Don Kitch does run a very good program. Who was your instructor? Doc or Michael?

Next time out your need to get it out of 3rd gear!

Turn One is quite intimidating and "un-natural" until you get comfortable with your car and the track. Driving past that concrete barrier, and "just" missing it by 3 - 4 feet at top speed, is awsome when you do it right.

I'll give a call when I return from the Rally.

Jeff

just so we can clear the "air" - my reference to 3rd gear was in jest. I knew this was the first outing with his GT and the first time he was in a driving school. Yes track days are dangerous.

BTW Craig had participated in the Pacific NW Historic races this July held on this track. As you can tell from his earlier post he enjoyed the track and event. The main straightaway is nearly 3/4 mile long. His race car was probably attaining 155 mph at the end of the straight. I think he wanted to know what a GT could do in relationship to his race car. With him not knowing it was a first time out. Craig please correct me if I'm wrong in this..

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
centerpunch said:
And don't let anyone kid you, track driving is dangerous, it is not like playing golf or tennis.

Thank God, otherwise I'd need a new hobbly for some excitment. :biggrin

Craig

PS We are in complete agreement about speed and learning. Bondurant is a good suggestion.