Owner Review; Ford GT vs. Viper ACR (Long, w/photos)

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Anyone know off hand what are the differences in the ACR vs. the 2008 Coupe

Aside from the obvious, ACR specific Areo Package, Wheels, Tires.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Just had a chance to read this excellent review by W. Mitty. I enjoyed his previous review of the Ford GT vs. 430. And all these reviews have helped me appreciate more my Ford GT.:thumbsup

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Excellent comparison! One of the best I've ever read.

I wonder how many magazine editors are thinking--"Wow! If I could only afford that guy!"

Thanks for taking the time and sharing!:thumbsup

Eddie:biggrin

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Thanks for another great write-up M.Mitty. Is a ZR1 vs. FGT vs. ACR write-up coming in the near future? Hint... Hint...

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
For those interested, this is the link to W. Mitty's review of the Ford GT vs. 430.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373&highlight=ford+gt+430

I find his reviews very thorough and helpful. He seems to be able to bring out the pros and cons of all the cars he reviews without coming off appearing biased. He is really a car nut. Mitty, my wife and I are now headed back home but we passed through Tucson and Phoenix on our way to the Grand Canyon, route 66, and the Petrified Forest...wish I had thought about getting in touch with you in Scottsdale!!
Loved all the straight 75 mph roads!
Your reviews have always come at an opportune time for me. The only car that I seriously considered trading my GT for was a 430. It is such a great car. But driving them back to back, I realized that the GT was for me (but if I could afford both!?!?). I recently also tossed around the idea (not real seriously) to sell my GT and get an ACR and an Audi S5 or M3...but I think I would really miss and regret selling the GT.
Also, I know of several owners who have now bought back a GT after selling their first. Furthermore, how many exotic car owners own more than one of the same exact car. Several owners on this site own more than one GT. I don't know any one who owns more than one 430. Why would you?
Glad to associate with such members. If I recall right another member (?Cobrar?) wrote a great review of the ZO6 vs. GT based on his personal experience...also outstanding.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks again for the kind words. Cyclenirvana, it certainly makes it worth the effort when good folks like you read my less than perfect prose and find it useful, or at least entertaining.

My next review should be of the GT vs. the Nissan GTR. If only I could convince my dear wife that she needs a four wheel drive sports car with tiny back seats...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Mitty, you have a true gift. I feel adrenaline rushing through my veins as I read each word of your summary.

And wow. The photographs of the Black Viper are stunning. What a downright nasty beast! I love it.

This was a definite treat to share in your experience, I felt like I was there.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
Wow. That was so perfectly written in only a way that a professional could create it.

I mean a professional such as F. Scott Fitzgerald, not something similar to what I encounter from the workers at some of the car magazines.

Your ingenuity and prowess are experienced in your words as well as in your photography.
:cheers

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
for W. Mitty---I sent a private message to your mailbox. It's regarding whether TT changes the equation drastically. thanks, bma2

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Thanks again for the kind words. Cyclenirvana, it certainly makes it worth the effort when good folks like you read my less than perfect prose and find it useful, or at least entertaining.

My next review should be of the GT vs. the Nissan GTR. If only I could convince my dear wife that she needs a four wheel drive sports car with tiny back seats...

Dont try any power runs with it unless you have unlimited resourses

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
For those interested, this is the link to W. Mitty's review of the Ford GT vs. 430.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8373&highlight=ford+gt+430

I find his reviews very thorough and helpful. He seems to be able to bring out the pros and cons of all the cars he reviews without coming off appearing biased. He is really a car nut. Mitty, my wife and I are now headed back home but we passed through Tucson and Phoenix on our way to the Grand Canyon, route 66, and the Petrified Forest...wish I had thought about getting in touch with you in Scottsdale!!
Loved all the straight 75 mph roads!
Your reviews have always come at an opportune time for me. The only car that I seriously considered trading my GT for was a 430. It is such a great car. But driving them back to back, I realized that the GT was for me (but if I could afford both!?!?). I recently also tossed around the idea (not real seriously) to sell my GT and get an ACR and an Audi S5 or M3...but I think I would really miss and regret selling the GT.
Also, I know of several owners who have now bought back a GT after selling their first. Furthermore, how many exotic car owners own more than one of the same exact car. Several owners on this site own more than one GT. I don't know any one who owns more than one 430. Why would you?
Glad to associate with such members. If I recall right another member (?Cobrar?) wrote a great review of the ZO6 vs. GT based on his personal experience...also outstanding.

Sorry we missed you in Arizona. You'll have to make a return trip out west.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hey "W." thanks for the review. Your post answers a key question posed in a new thread I posted last night in the Viper section of this forum which begged the question, "Is the ACR worth it?". I have a 2006 FE Coupe and a new 2008 convertible, the new '08 Viper is so good, I could only conclude that the ACR could be better. You've answered my question. I plan to add an ACR to the mix!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Anyone know off hand what are the differences in the ACR vs. the 2008 Coupe

Aside from the obvious, ACR specific Areo Package, Wheels, Tires.

Available Hardcore package, Stoptech brakes, KW coilover suspension, weighs 40 less than the SRT, and 80 pounds less with the HC package. Two-tone paint scheme availability as well.