Out of commission: Sir Stirling Moss wrecks his $1.7 million Porsche

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Fortunately the legend is fine. The car apparantly did not fair so well. Info on Hemmings web site.

Stu

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...'makes a "keying" look a bit pale in comparison, huh...

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Maybe he can call Jack Roush and commiserate.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm glad that Sterling walked away.

It's kind of funny that we in our civilian vehicles think that a car that has been wrecked is to be shunned. Yet the pros regularly wrecked them, and rebuilt them and they'd be back on the road next week. Vintage racing isn't a Sundy Joy Ride in the mountains. The Murray brothers rebuild Cobras right and left that way.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I hope that when I reach that age I have the means, a fraction of his ability and a great car to rip around Laguna Seca! Car and driver doing what they were made for, she can be put back together!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
... she can be put back together!

And she will be !!

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Question is......Is she still an original?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Now it has a wreck record of having been crashed by a famous race car driver. :thumbsup

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.

Pet peeve of mine; "original" when referring to cars with race history. I mean really a race car is only original once, the day it rolls out of the workshop for the first time. After all cars are just a collection of consumable parts. All race cars evolve, break, get damaged and even wrecked over their lifespan. They were built for a purpose and in my opinion it is better served with them being used than sitting statically and deteriorating in a museum or garage. The way I look at it this just adds to the patina of the car.