Other DVD's for your collection

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
I have a copy of the "Ford GT40 - The Story" DVD made by Duke Publishing. Its a pretty fair effort with some good footage of the early cars mixed with the new GT. Would've liked to see more of a real head to head comparison though, especially since they had Jackie Oliver on hand. There is a roadtest of the street car and a great roadtest of the race car by Tiff Needell where he goes an indicated 200 mph on a bumpy airport runway. 75 minutes - they should have done 3 hours though, esp. with the race car at speed! Turn up the volume!

BTW in case you were not aware Mark G. of Gennadi fame informed me that Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear did a road test with Mark's GTX-1 this summer, which should be coming out on DVD in time for Christmas. Should be fantastic. If you are not familiar with Top Gear look for some of their road tests posted at YouTube.com. They have tested everything, and no one describes driving a fast car better than these guys. (look also for Jeremy's "How to Kill a Porsche" at youtube.com too).

Last edited:

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Sounds a good dvd. Can you tell me where I can get that? I'm always looking for books and dvds on the new GT.
Tom

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Duke Video website

Dear Tom,
The link is www.dukevideo.com They are in the UK but it's no problem ordering online with them from the USA.

Ed

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks, I just ordered the US version of the DVD.

$29.95 + $3.50 shipping

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
books

books to get: the GT40 books by Ronnie Spain and Trevor Legate are THE seminal books on the original cars. There is a large format color book on the Ford GT by Larry Edsall that has a lot of great pictures and information also.

I had a correspondance with Trevor Legate a few months back and he offered the opinion that the GT may develop into a cult car like the Shelby (AC) Cobra - I think he may be right about that. I am hoping there will be a continuing line of books and videos for many years to come. I've had a lot of rare and desirable cars over the years, but in my experience nothing causes the kind of excitement and frenzy of these cars, so it should last as an 'ultimate desirable car'. Even people who know nothing about cars think it is fabulous. Sometimes the attention gets to be too much, and as a person who just likes to drive high performance cars (as opposed to the type of person who craves envy) I wish sometimes that there isn't so much attention. One time I made the mistake of opening the rear clamshell at a Mall to show a nice guy in a wheelchair the engine, and within minutes there was a mob and traffic snarl. It was crazy.

Johnny Speed

GT Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Indiana
Pre-ordered and received the new "Ford GT Now and Then" book a few days ago from Motorbooks.com. Very nicely done... :thumbsup

Last edited:

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
new book

Cool. Thanks for the post, as somehow this book escaped the watch of my car book dealer.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
Here's another book. I'm not sure if it's available in the US yet, I bought mine direct from the UK.

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4054&prod_group=Cars Vans & Trucks&

It even has 2 pages of photos of MY CAR in production at Saleen (pages 130 and 131), which I sent the author early this year.
Thanks, just ordered it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one. Only 4 left in stock, but more are coming soon.

BlackICE

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Okay, I've just ordered three GT books from amazon.com.

GT40: An Individual History and Race Record - Ronnie Spain
$16.47
Ford GT: The Legend Comes to Life - Larry Edsall
$16.97
Ford GT: Then, and Now - Adrian Streather
$47.22