Original owners or 2nd owners

ORIGINAL OWNERS OR 2ND,3RD

• Total voters

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
My short story: spot the article in R&T in 03', nag my wife for 2+ years that the kids will be better people if they pay for their own college, look for 6 months for the perfect car: stripeless blue, find a new 05' in a dealership across the country in Aug 06', accepts my less-than-retail offer, sits in my garage for 4 years untitled (that's a different story) until last spring. First owner, intend to be the last.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My short story: spot the article in R&T in 03', nag my wife for 2+ years that the kids will be better people if they pay for their own college, look for 6 months for the perfect car: stripeless blue, find a new 05' in a dealership across the country in Aug 06', accepts my less-than-retail offer, sits in my garage for 4 years untitled (that's a different story) until last spring. First owner, intend to be the last.
How you could let it sit in the garage for 4 years ids beyond me!
Patience is a virtue ,but not one of mine!
Lets hear the story. I’m sure it must have the word Divorce in it!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
How you could let it sit in the garage for 4 years ids beyond me!
Patience is a virtue ,but not one of mine!
Lets hear the story. I’m sure it must have the word Divorce in it!

Actually the story doesn't include divorce but about as impactfull. My wife and I both went through career changes over a period starting just before I bought the GT until last year when things settled into a routine. Between looking at buying a business and getting two of our kids into college (I was kidding earlier) the GT was collateral worth more new than used I figured. When I was about 12 I saw a GT when the Cobra caravan came to the local Goodyear dealership. I set a goal of owning one someday (even if was going to be a kit car), so after patiently waiting 30 some years another 4 years was just part of the plan it seemed like. I never let more than a couple of weeks go by without warming it up around the neighborhood though and occasionally some nearby roads (I had insurance). As you might imagine, that doesn't come close to letting it stretch its legs on the open road though - I appreciate every outing.

H

HHGT

Actually the story doesn't include divorce but about as impactfull. My wife and I both went through career changes over a period starting just before I bought the GT until last year when things settled into a routine. Between looking at buying a business and getting two of our kids into college (I was kidding earlier) the GT was collateral worth more new than used I figured. When I was about 12 I saw a GT when the Cobra caravan came to the local Goodyear dealership. I set a goal of owning one someday (even if was going to be a kit car), so after patiently waiting 30 some years another 4 years was just part of the plan it seemed like. I never let more than a couple of weeks go by without warming it up around the neighborhood though and occasionally some nearby roads (I had insurance). As you might imagine, that doesn't come close to letting it stretch its legs on the open road though - I appreciate every outing.

How many miles on her?

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
How many miles on her?
I had about 300 miles on it when the temp tags ran out in 06'. Since plating it 6 months ago I put about 800 more miles on it so it's still breaking in, but the roads are graveled now so it'll be in near-hibernation again until Spring. Even through the winter I'll get it warmed up every few weeks when the roads are clear just to keep the fluids moving. My one comment after driving it these past few months is to the owners who live in the midwest and other flat areas with straight roads: as amazing as it is to feel the triple digit speeds, you don't know what you're missing if you don't get it on a mountain road with miles of 2nd and 3rd gear turns. Holy c#@p what a rush. Can't wait for Spring!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Great story !
I’m glad for you.
I think to most of us the Gt is a dream come true.Welcome to the dream! Pinch yourself ,its real!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
... you don't know what you're missing if you don't get it on a mountain road with miles of 2nd and 3rd gear turns.

I totally agree. My favorite drive is up Hwy 36 from Lyons to Estes and back down Hwy 34 (Big Thompson Canyon). A welcome break is to do Hwy 7 and Peak to Peak to Estes and then back down either. Exhilarating. Next spring we'll get Mike and terrorize the canyon dwellers.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I totally agree. My favorite drive is up Hwy 36 from Lyons to Estes and back down Hwy 34 (Big Thompson Canyon). A welcome break is to do Hwy 7 and Peak to Peak to Estes and then back down either. Exhilarating. Next spring we'll get Mike and terrorize the canyon dwellers.
For sure. You'll also want to check out Lefthand canyon - my favorite. Tighter road than 36, 15 miles with very little traffic (more bikes than cars) and very little straight.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Did these roads last year on bikes and it was a blast! Great area to live for people that like to drive and ride.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
How about some more voters please??

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Vote early, vote often.
That's the law in Illinois.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Vote early, vote often.
That's the law in Illinois.

Well, if you're a Moose or a Cantwell, etc, it's legit here! :biggrin

FGT1987

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 5, 2007
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but has anyone noticed that the poll is sitting at 107.8 % I think the problem is although there are 113 voters there actually have been 121 votes. Not that it really matters - just sayin'

Cheers

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but has anyone noticed that the poll is sitting at 107.8 % I think the problem is although there are 113 voters there actually have been 121 votes. Not that it really matters - just sayin'

Cheers

Multi-car owners voting once for each car - twice for the Mooses, and 4x for Tim Cantwell would account for four of the extra eight votes. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now who set this poll up? Maybe the butcher with the thumb on the scale?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Now who set this poll up? Maybe the butcher with the thumb on the scale?
Order your Turdukens today!
www.savenorsmarket.com

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Multi-car owners voting once for each car - twice for the Mooses, and 4x for Tim Cantwell would account for four of the extra eight votes. :thumbsup

I know one guy locally and know of another on the forum here -- if they cast a vote per car they are REALLY going to skew the #s.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
2nd owner, original owner traded it for a F458.....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Maybe its time to reopen this thread

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Maybe its time to update this thread!