Original Manual & Book Replacement

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The Ford dealer that sold me the car is having to replace the manuals and book that come with the car. Someone got them out of the car, probably to sell on eBay, before the car got to me.

Does anybody know if there is a difference between ordering a new set from Ford and the set that actually come with the car? Like, are there documents or reference to the VIN of the car on anything that came with the manuals and book? What about the packaging? Does it make reference to the VIN? How abaout a letter of any kind making refernce to the VIN? Thanks.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
VINs are not referenced. It would not matter where you got it, but it is nice to open the plastic for yourself. :biggrin

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
www.helm.com

They are IDENTICAL as they make them, I got another owners manual from them.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Gulf GT said:
The Ford dealer that sold me the car is having to replace the manuals and book that come with the car. Someone got them out of the car, probably to sell on eBay, before the car got to me.

Does anybody know if there is a difference between ordering a new set from Ford and the set that actually come with the car? Like, are there documents or reference to the VIN of the car on anything that came with the manuals and book? What about the packaging? Does it make reference to the VIN? How abaout a letter of any kind making refernce to the VIN? Thanks.

Congrats for getting your new GT.

Just a thought. The Owners package is shipped in the netting behind the passenger seat. Some Dealers don't check this location.

Charles

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Here's one that sealed and new with cover on E-bay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...QcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6759QQitemZ8065698965

Typically every week or so one shows up.....

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Manual written by someone clueless

I bought the deluxe manual in a foam plastic case that must have cost Ford an extra dollar. The total price was over $60. I got a kick out of the fact they must have taken a manual for an ordinary car and tried to adapt it to the Ford GT as so much was inappropriate. They devote several pages to the baby seat installation. Sure, let's treat our babies to a 200 mph ride!

Anyhow in our book we say we hope the next generation manuel is more appropriate but maybe they used the same one. Most important is don't wash your car with a hose and let water down the rear deck air intakes or you could ruin your engine. And never, never go to a car wash!

co-author, Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Some of us actually use a child seat for our children and/or grandchildren. Try not to condemn without being in some one else's shoes.

Dave

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I ordered A second manual and other handbooks immediately when the car arrived. The books are identical but the cases are different. The original is leather and the replacement is nylon? This is for a 2005 car

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Vince, my Helms set has the logo but no case, it's a collection of booklets originally wrapped in plastic. Sounds like there are a couple of varieties out there.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Gulf GT said:

You should have no problem obtaining one but if you do I have an extra owners manual that you are welcome to. BD40