Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
More than they deserve.

Ouch

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
That's interesting because according to the 3 state Ford Rep here in Idaho there were only 2 allotted in 3 states and I was one so I was wondering if he was taking delivery in Idaho? I do know of one that was from Idaho but now lived in Florida and was taking delivery there, but I really don't know, Great stuff though!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I don't think you'll see any of the exhaust system except for the tips. A weight savings though & the sound may be different with the Ti option. Since I am a 2018 allocation I'll wait to hear & see the difference.

Ed

PS I think anyone of us that chooses this lightweight Ti stuff should have BOP crap added onto their order!

I'm ready for the extra BoP on my ride :). By the way... I know of 4 coming to my city.

Last edited:

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
I am in Mountain Home
I'm on the eastern side of the state near American Falls.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
+1 for Florida but not until year 3

I'm just north of you. Which dealer will you use to deliver your car?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Fish fighter when I spoke to my concierge there was no info on weight savings, sound, nor any increase in HP. Its expensive so I didn't go for it it without that info.
Would love to hear it and see the numbers.
Isn't it fun trying to choose everything??!!! :)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
2 of us in the Sandpoint Id area and I thought I heard 1 was going to Coeur d'alene.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have yet to notice any pictures where the Ti exhaust was on the car. All pics have a black finish, not the unfinished Ti that will of course blue. When my order comes up, Ill stay stock exhaust, with the intent of changing later. It will sound fine with no muffler.

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
2 of us in the Sandpoint Id area and I thought I heard 1 was going to Coeur d'alene.
Nice Idaho is alive and well!

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Fish fighter when I spoke to my concierge there was no info on weight savings, sound, nor any increase in HP. Its expensive so I didn't go for it it without that info.
Would love to hear it and see the numbers.
Isn't it fun trying to choose everything??!!! :)
Weight savings is around 22 lbs on the ti exhaust and 2 lbs on the ti nuts is what I was told, no HP numbers yet. Remember the lug nuts are rotating mass so it equals 7 times that.

LGrasso

Jul 31, 2016
Sarasota, FL
I'm just north of you. Which dealer will you use to deliver your car?

I'm planning on having it delivered to Sarasota Ford. Where will you have your car delivered?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
...2 lbs on the ti nuts is what I was told.... Remember the lug nuts are rotating mass so it equals 7 times that.

Link with formulas to determine effects of rotating mass: http://hpwizard.com/rotational-inertia.html

"Shaving a pound from your tire is equivalent to shaving at most 2 pounds of non-rotating weight. That's PER TIRE, so a pound off each tire could be worth close to 8 pounds of weight reduction."

"The effect of lugnuts is basically negligible. They're fairly light to begin with and close to the center of the hub."

Saving 1 lb on lugnuts is equivalent to saving 1.04 lbs of non-rotating mass.

What makes the "equivalent mass" hard to generalize is that the distance from the hub has a huge effect on rotational inertia.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Link with formulas to determine effects of rotating mass: http://hpwizard.com/rotational-inertia.html

"Shaving a pound from your tire is equivalent to shaving at most 2 pounds of non-rotating weight. That's PER TIRE, so a pound off each tire could worth close to 8 pounds of weight reduction."

"The effect of lugnuts is basically negligible. They're fairly light to begin with and close to the center of the hub."

The center of the hub part is definitely true, but I could also point to Olaf Manthey saying the following, and running the Porsche works GT team is a pretty good credential:

Olaf Manthey explains in an interview : “Removing 33 pounds of unsprung weight at the wheels is equivalent to losing 198 pounds from the body of the car, as a 1:6 factor has to be applied when the car is moving and that weight becomes mass. In fact, we are conservative with the 1:6 ratio, as Porsche considers it to be 1:7.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Complicated subject. The 1:2 ratio is accelerating from a standstill. The 1:6 ratio (I'm taking his word, without trying to compute it) would presumably be at high race speeds (not just "when the car is moving"), and for mass at the outer diameter (i.e., tire and rim) vs. near the hub.

Now, losing 10 lbs of body fat is equivalent to several hundred $ of titanium lugnuts. ;)

Last edited:

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
The lugnuts are really close to the center of the wheel, so the benefit in rotational inertia won't be significantly. A 2lb lighter tire will make a far bigger difference.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm planning on having it delivered to Sarasota Ford. Where will you have your car delivered?

Same. I changed my delivering dealer to support them as a service dealer. With yours and mine, I'm aware of three so far. How many do you know of?

Can those of you who are in the process of ordering share the cost of the titanium exhaust. 22lbs is a significant weight savings.

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
I have only had experience with snowmobiles and tires on pickups. I know that if you take a stock Tire around 32-33" off and install a wider Tire plus go to 35" it will effect the dyno numbers by 40 HP. There is a lot that goes into determining the weight savings to actual performance gains because of friction, coefficients, and drive train inefficiencies, but it is true that the lug nuts are so close to the center the effects would be reduced. I can tell you weight is as important as HP though. Great subject.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I was told that every 10 lbs of a person weight is = to 1/10th of a second. So 50 lbs is =. 5 of a second.
So I need to lose 50 lbs to save some time and fit in the car!! :)

LGrasso

Jul 31, 2016
Sarasota, FL
Same. I changed my delivering dealer to support them as a service dealer. With yours and mine, I'm aware of three so far. How many do you know of?

3 in the area or 3 at Sarasota Ford?

I don't know of anyone else in the area that got one. It would be nice to meet some other future NGT owners though.. maybe I'll meet some of you at Daytona, I'm planning on going with my son.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There's a Tampa member with an allocation.