Order options help needed

Owyhee

Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum and posting in general, but my wife Laurie has made a few post here. We have our order window date coming up February 2nd and need to solidify our order. I was planing on Mat Finish Carbon Fiber Wheels along with lower side finish. I am worried the Matte finish may be really difficult to keep clean vs gloss finish due to the fiber pores not having a clear finish? Has anyone looked at the Matte and Gloss side by side? Any advise would be great.

We are also seriously considering Titanium Exhaust upgrade. any input there?

Chuck from Idaho
As it stands today...

Liquid Red
Alloy Stripes
? Matte or Gloss Carbon Fiber wheels
? Matte or Gloss Carbon Fiber Front, Lower and side Finish
? Ttanium Exhaust

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I'd be extremely surprised if the matte finished carbon pieces did not have a clearcoat on them, just a matte one. Clearcoat doesn't automatically mean shiny. It will have to, in fact, as bare carbon without any protective coating will turn yellow over time - something I'm sure Ford has taken measures to prevent.

I doubt it'd be any more challenging to keep one clean versus the other.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Either way, because of the location of the CF parts, I would plan on using a paint protection film. If you look at the car from the rear, that rocker looks like a rock collection point begging to be covered. Both exterior carbon finishes, matte and gloss, are clear coated.

In that case, it shouldn't really make a difference if you have gloss or matte.. Xpel and others make satin finish clear bras that shouldn't be very noticeable. Can't help on the wheels, but other cars like the 675LT have satin finish carbon fiber as the default exterior component finish.

31246153323_8f7a721a60_b.jpg

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I am going to wait regarding changing the exhaust from stock. The GTs were very "brappy" at Le Mans and they seem to have an exquisite note now. I am sure we will see x-pipes and such replacing mufflers and exhausts. I will listen in, later. But the weight savings from my titanium wheel lug nuts clearly suggests they are worthwhile. At least I think they look good on the gloss cf wheels (since I'm going with the gloss shadow black standard), and my family wanted to go in on a holiday seasons gift to me.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I am going to wait regarding changing the exhaust from stock. The GTs were very "brappy" at Le Mans and they seem to have an exquisite note now. I am sure we will see x-pipes and such replacing mufflers and exhausts. I will listen in, later. But the weight savings from my titanium wheel lug nuts clearly suggests they are worthwhile. At least I think they look good on the gloss cf wheels (since I'm going with the gloss shadow black standard), and my family wanted to go in on a holiday seasons gift to me.

Excuse Barry he has spent way too much time in zero gravity!!:facepalm:

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
I'm just finishing up my order and your concierge will be very helpful with all those questions but I'm quite sure they all have some sort of coating. I'm from Idaho also what part do you live ? The car you describe is one of my final choices! Excellent taste!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The exhaust on the race car and road car inherently sound very different just via the exhaust placement (side vs. rear). Every iteration of the exhaust I have heard on the road car sounds awesome.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Who would have guessed Idaho would be a hive of GT activity? You guys make 6 total I know of headed up there.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Excuse Barry he has spent way too much time in zero gravity!!:facepalm:
Is about 100 hours really too much time? (Except of course for the pharmacological agents the Flight Surgeons made me, that is made me, take)

Owyhee

Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
I am in Mountain Home

Owyhee

Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
My concierge said the Titanium exhaust not only sounded different it tended to blue faster and give a nice look. I have poured over photos and dont really see where you can easily see the exhaust. Might just have to do it for the cool factor bonus points.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave, what's the best sounding exhaust to your ear?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, what's the best sounding exhaust to your ear?

Honestly don't have a good answer for you because I've just heard the cars running around at different stages of development with iterations no longer exist. The final standard exhaust sounds great. I have not heard the optional titanium exhaust, but I've heard...more minimalist exhaust than standard and I thought it sounded great as well. I'm sure the Ti will sound good in addition to the weight savings and cool factor.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Who would have guessed Idaho would be a hive of GT activity? You guys make 6 total I know of headed up there.

Dave
How many will Florida be getting?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
More than they deserve.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
More than they deserve.

I resemble that remark Dr Frank.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave

Honestly no idea but quite a few. Can think of at least 5.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Concierge told me that the titanium exhaust is a little louder than the standard exhaust. Loud is good for the GT.

LGrasso

Jul 31, 2016
Sarasota, FL
Dave

Honestly no idea but quite a few. Can think of at least 5.

+1 for Florida but not until year 3

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I don't think you'll see any of the exhaust system except for the tips. A weight savings though & the sound may be different with the Ti option. Since I am a 2018 allocation I'll wait to hear & see the difference.

Ed

PS I think anyone of us that chooses this lightweight Ti stuff should have BOP crap added onto their order!