optimal tow hook placement

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
After NOLA gotta get nose hook placement for 2 'other' cars. Loved trailering the FGT to Rally 7. I've got a single car Pacer trailer all set up with E-track and a winch. So where and how do I place a permanent nose hook similar to what's on the world's greatest car on my '09 Viper and my '01 Z06. Thanks, Redeemed

TrackAire

Oct 20, 2010
I just set up my trailer for towing the Viper. I use the tow hooks (eyes actually) from ipsco.org

These are by far the strongest and most secure units I've found for the Viper....but they are also probably the heaviest.
I used two hooks (many use only one) so I can bridle the car and pull from both the hooks. I bought both the long and short tow eyes and ended up with the short ones since they don't stick out past the nose of the car but are still easy enough to use.

The system clamps to the heavy duty round cross bar between the frame rails and the "tow hooks" are removeable with one bolt. Fit, finish and customer service were excellent.

They also have a rear tow eye that installs easily, again I installed two mainly for track days tow points. But, on the Viper, the rear D frame holes are perfect for any hook nose strap to insert into if you are strapping the car down in the trailer for towing.

Haven't done a tow hook for a Vette, so I don't have any advice for you on that one. Enjoy the trailer, now that I have one I don't know how I lived without it.

Cheers,
George

Last edited: