Opinions on 993 Porsche Turbo

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Carrera GT: Although it's lots of money it's one of the better looking cars and the FGT era. Raw power and not too much electronics.
A german dealer told me they increase in value about 10k a year... That's including lots of exagertion but still they keep their value.
I'd rather spend 300k on a car that holds it's price vs a 250k car that depreciates as hell.

I know what I'm saying may ruffle a few feathers so I will apologize before hand but in my opinion the CGT has a polarizing design. You either love it or you don't. I can drive one at will as my brother in law has one and I simply dislike the looks. Just an opinion

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
More importantly, they were the last of the great air cooled 911's.

And such a simply gorgeous car. I had long wanted one, and still do. But I think the pricing has surpassed a point that I would be willing to pay. I still think there is nothing out there in that era that calls to me as the 993 Turbo. Have heard they can be a little expensive to upkeep. But I really do love the design simplicity and aesthetic as well as the pure mechanical nature and raw sound and feel.

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
I just bought another 993 non turbo c2s.My plan is to build a 500hp twin turbo motor with pss9`s and let her eat.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
I purchased a 2012 Carrera 4s Coupe about a year ago. Absolutely love everything about it. Great styling and performance. I had never driven much less owned a Porsche up to this point. I leased the car just in case I did not like it. Definitely will be looking at the 991 Turbo when the lease is up.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
The 993 is what I consider one of the best Pcars. I have a 96' 993 TT and would love to get my hands on an S model, but they are skyrocketing. Here is a shot of mine Screen shot 2013-05-20 at 11.48.49 AM.jpg

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Wonderfull !! congrats. Here's a pic of mine in the past. She was called Ruby

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 322

FordGT4fun

Wonderfull !! congrats. Here's a pic of mine in the past. She was called Ruby

Beautiful arena red 993 turbo, very rare color. Any Info about the history?

Pierre

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hi Pierre

That WAS one of my babies and the thing simply flew. It was a 1995 and of course modified by Speedart Germany with larger turbo's making 620hp. in those days that was really a lot. I had so much fun with that thing .....a real monster. It was the first car to give me those butterflies in the stomach.