Opinions needed , aventador

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Guys

I hope I am not out of line posting this here

I am aksing this question as there is a tremendous amount of respected car knowledge on this forum , for all types of cars

I am thinking of buying a 2013 lambo aventador and would like to know what you guys have heard

Depreciation , bottom of depreciation
driveability
attention on the raod

Does anyone else here own one

Thanks

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Re: driveability

From what I understand, if ur going to be doing any cruising around small locales (downtown, beach areas, tight streets) the paddles default to this stuttering / put-put mode that's very annoying.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f120/clutch-transmission-problem-25729/

Supposedly a lot of HyperCars now are mapped this way

See Clarkson video in Rome traffix

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Do a search in the section of "Other Cars" and you'll find information...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Aventador is a great car. One of the best lambos built to date. Very drivable. Night and day better than the Murci. One of my absolute top picks under $500k....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Guys

I hope I am not out of line posting this here

I am aksing this question as there is a tremendous amount of respected car knowledge on this forum , for all types of cars

I am thinking of buying a 2013 lambo aventador and would like to know what you guys have heard

Depreciation , bottom of depreciation
driveability
attention on the raod

Does anyone else here own one

Thanks
you haven't seen bottom yet, especially since winter is coming.

Drivability is great, in fact I put more miles on my Vent this year than any other of my cars.

You know I get asked that a lot. And it is not until someone cruises with me that they understand. It is ****ing over the top, especially around town. I get out away from town and enjoy it. You will love it. So just do it. I bought a 12 and had it for 4 months and then ordered a Roadster.

Jun 9, 2014
Northern Virginia
I like the Aventador but I am a manual type of guy. I would personally go for an 01 6.0 Diablo. These cars are absolutely amazing and can be purchased for under $200K today. The upside is crazy and the performance and wow factor are just as great if not greater in my opinion. I own a 99 Diablo Roadster and have been at several C & C's where there have been both and the Diablo gets a big thumbs up as does the Aventador. Why not buy both?

If you have to have new technology and love the F1 type, buy the Aventador. If you like that classic manual shift gate V12 that never gets old and is timeless, then go for the Diablo.

Last edited:

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
If you have to have new technology and love the F1 type, buy the Aventador. If you like that classic manual shift gate V12 that never gets old and is timeless, then go for the Diablo.

Thanks for the post , I actually have a 2008 LP640 roadster and I know what you mean by old school , I am actually looking for something that doesnt bite back as hard as the legendary lambos

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Sorry I can't answer your specific questions but I had a weird run-in with a roadster aventador the other day while in the GT. It was black on black, brand new (no plates), top down. I felt 8 yrs old. In terms of looks and sounds it is the poster child for "exotic". I don't know how you couldn't enjoy it.

Good luck.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Last of the big V12's from what I hear. That would probably keep the the resale up as a collector. Neighbor has one. Bought it to replace the Murci and never looked back. Sexy as hell! Sounds great at any speed. Believe it or not, even in Aspen he gets some attitude from people on the street yelling obscenities at him out of jealousy. He says that he's learned to just look ahead and ignore the stupidity around him.

Leadfoot

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2013
I had the 3rd Aventador imported into the US in Oct 2011. Of the five Lambos I have owned--it was my least favorite. If you are looking for a more "watered down", more civil driving experience, it is great. But it does not personify what I would call the "lambo" driving experience--which is raw, invigorating, and edgy. I currently have the 670SV and a 570 STS and they are much more involving to drive.
The Aventador will draw attention, but so do our GT's....
Just my .02 cents worth. I have 3 friends with Avey Roadsters right now and they have commented that they seem to be continually, though gradually, declining in value each month. There is a plentiful supply currently on the market. Prices will continue to soften over the winter months with some rebound in spring--just like all open top cars.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

agaryh

Sep 26, 2006
Isle of man
Hi
I am lucky enough to have a 2013 Aventador and a 2005 GT , both are fantastic and turn heads wherever you go !
The drive is different and the GT is actually easier to use in my opinion , however at the end of the day the GT is for keeps

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Love my 13 Aventador. Very different from GT, very high tech, a little whacky like the R button

Gets as much or more attention than GT

More comfy than GT, Better for long range cruise, AWD so she laughs at rain

As for price I'm sure it will drop hit bottom then increase like all other 12 cyl Bulls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 10