ooooooh...thats gonna leave a mark

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
:madWell, I am sorry to report someone backed into my parked GT. They crushed the passenger side door and wiped out the sideview mirror. The next question is what to do? Any input as to where I should send it for repair? What should I be aware of when dealing with thier insurance company? It's State Farm and they have already admitted 100% liability. Are there any special or different issues since it is a GT? Any help, info, or input would be greatly appreciated. I will be sitting shiva at my house.:ack

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Where are you located? I would recommend the GT Guys to fix if at all possible. I would generally not recommend a dealer as they will potentially exacerbate the problems.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. LAME!

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
South florida

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
GT guys will be in Pompano Beach this weekend ! I would call them. I will be down there with 2 GTs.

Sorry for the damage to your car. If it's superficial, you should be fine.

I would look into insurance not just paying for repairs, but lost value from accident history. There was an interesting article on this issue in Sports Car Market Magazine recently.

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
could someone PM or post thier number

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
could Someone Pm Or Post Thier Number

734-658-9498

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Rich Brooks
The GT Guy LLC
734-658-9498
www.thegtguy.com

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Make sure that anything damaged is REPLACED not repaired and that they are using only NEW parts. I know how you feel, I just had a fender replaced because of a hit and run.:frown

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
What a great Forum! Just spoke to Rich. Thanks for all the help.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The GT Guys!!

That is why we should all be $ubsribed supporting members...

Or....members of the free lunch club...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sorry to hear that ouch!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Time for the Gurney Double Bubble:biggrin

H

HHGT

I would definitely also factor in depreciation since more than likely it will be on the Carfax database. I think Bernie or Shelby should be able to provide you with notarized statements as to the "value delta" of a story vs. no-story car - which will come up when you decide to sell her. If they give you a hard time, tell them you will need a mediator and explain that you have the patience to let the state commissioner render a final decision - read the fine print in the policy before you talk to them. Sorry about your headaches.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Damn sorry to hear about this. :frown But at least your "in good hands" with the GT Guy's. :thumbsup

Please consider sponsoring the forum with a membership. It's the best money you'll spend on your car!!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Here is the link to the article about insurance covering devaluation of your car. You might have to be a platinum member of SCM to open it. Not sure.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Sheehan-Speaks/2008/October//

Mamzer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2006
South Florida
ok ok tellme how to subscribe

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Sorry to here about your gal but the GT Guys will take good care of her:thumbsup

You would go to UserCP and then go to the bottom left and click on paid subscriptions. The rest is self explanatory.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Very easy,.. here is a thread:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3424

Or you can go above, hit the 'USER CP' tab which will open your control pannel, and then go down on the left hand side and see a box marked, "misc" and then hit the tab marked subscribe and pay with PAYPAL.

Or, you can send your check to DBK who receives 110% of the funds at:-
Dave Bannister
Ford GT Forum
424 E. Parent Ave
Royal Oak, MI

Thanks for supporting this place.:thumbsup:banana:thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Sorry to hear what happened. Your thread is not helping my parking paranoia. :frown

I am sure the repairs will turn out perfect.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Ugh, that really sucks. I know it's too much to ask, but I sure wish that people could be just a LITTLE more careful. The GT guys will take care of you though. This forum is so great for stuff like that (and arranging drives, and schools, and parts, and accessories, and bottle holders etc etc etc) :thumbsup