One of 19 - You ready to get speed limits

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10428336

This is funny because Ekkehard and I talked about how he could go 200 and I counldn't but I could carry a gun and he couldn't :)

Well looks like I could be one up on you soon there my German breatherin :banana

Matt

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I wondered when "P.C." would poke it's nose in THERE.

As I understand it, GERMAN drivers OBEY THE RULES OF THE ROAD. So, I'd imagine the way that highway is designed, "speed" is no big deal at all in any area OTHER THAN the world of the "P.C.", enviornment loons.

Look for whomever votes for - or campaigns for - this "limit" being shown the door by German voters in the next election!

(Not that you ARE, or WOULD ... but if you DID "carry" - whut would it be? Mine would be a stub nose .38 ... hollow point equipped, of coarse ... "IF" I were to "carry" that is. But I'd NEVER think of doing that ... 'too dangerous ... 'too "redneck" ... and besides, what would Rosey O. think of me???:shrug )

Last edited:

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
The autobahn is not going anywhere. Its my dream to drive on it, and I cannot give up on that dream.

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It will never happen. What do you expect the "Environmental Commissioner" from the EU to say?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome to world government :bored

The natural flow of traffic and congestion already limit the speeds on much of the autobahn. The notion that it's a complete free for all is already dead.

The German government invests billions making sure their road system is durable and usable for these speeds. This goes back what, 70 years now? If you ask me, it's the model of what a roadway should be. Not what it shouldn't. I only wish we put the kind of engineering and upkeep resources into our roads here, instead of the annual half-assed patchwork we get...

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
German government already rejected this EU propsal, yesssss :banana
Otherwise that would mean outrage and anarchy over here and they now :biggrin Freie Fahrt für freie Bürger - so we say !:wink
But I guess what will fall soon is smoking in bars and restaurants. Well I could live with that..

So guys, come over and have fun on the Autobahn as long as you can, the last resort of hot rubber lovers and gas burners :ack
Made Dresden-Berlin in less than one hour on Saturday - Ekkehard you would have been proud of me :lol Axle bolts are still in place...

Desi

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So can we borrow your ride Desi? :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Going to do Essen next year, the SEMA of EU:cheers :banana :cheers
Haven't done it for four or five years, how about it, anyone interested.
Already got by GOODWOOD REVIVAL reservations, Neal is pointing me to some acceptable dining establishments. Anybody want to join me?:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Going to do Essen next year, the SEMA of EU:cheers :banana :cheers
Haven't done it for four or five years, how about it, anyone interested.
Already got by GOODWOOD REVIVAL reservations, Neal is pointing me to some acceptable dining establishments. Anybody want to join me?:cheers

When are the Goodwood dates, Daniel?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
When are the Goodwood dates, Daniel?

Aug 31 through Sept 2nd.
The best vintage event in the world.
Need to lock down rooms today, I got my hole in the wall in Chichester last week. If you want to go, let me know and I can point you to accomodations.
Leaving tonight for my vacation.
Cheers,
daniel