One more off the bucket list

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congratulations!!! Enjoy and be safe in colder temperatures as others have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Welcome to the Ford GT Forum bro. I love Montana and spend time in Darby every summer.

Chip

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations and welcome to the greatest auto forum on the planet. Great cars deserve great owners and this Forum is full of them. Attend an Annual Rally!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent! Welcome aboard!
Wait till you come join us at a rally!It is the ultimate GT experience! As a fellow PCar guy I can tell you it blows any PCar event in the book!

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Congratulations and welcome.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Welcome to the best group of cars and car guys. The GT will put a smile on your face every day.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome Cwcsvt! I race at Washougal MX a lot! I hope you make it to this year's Rally! Dr Frank will buy you & me a beer! Or two!

Ed

Cwcsvt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2016
Vancouver WA
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I've been able to put about 200 miles on the car since I brought it home through the snowstorm. It has been a total joy to drive. The best part was picking my son up from school yesterday in it. The smile on his face was priceless. In the couple of days since I've had it I have got to drive it a bit and see how she drives. It's been about 20-30 degrees and sunny here lately and with the combo of the original tires, there isnt much traction so I can't really DRIVE the car. That being said, the first purchase on the list will be wheels and tires. I will save the originals. It is great to have a big V-8 back in the stable again. I tried to get a 17' but got the letter telling me that wasn't going to happen, so I decided to get one of these. The car is amazing in so many ways and this black is absolutely beautiful. I have a bit of obsession with black cars, and although they take some extra care, the sure look great. I felt so lucky to find the one I did. it now has about 2800 miles and is ready to see more. I will get it in to have a paint correction done as well as getting some expel put on it to protect the paint. I also ran across one issue yesterday with the rear lid. It opened fine the first time, but had an issue with it closing. I looked at the latches and they appeared to all be in the correct position. I was told you do need use a little bit of muscle closing doors and lids on this as it is a FORD.... The issue I am having now is that it wont open back up. Anyone else ever have this issue? Love to get some feedback. Also, I cant wait to meet some more folks in the NW with the cars and would love to get some more input on the rally as well! Thanks again for the warm welcome! Looking forward to making many memories with the car!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Welcome! What was said previously, plus looking around the forum you will find accessories for performance, bling, and convenience, as well a a lot of mechanical advice.
Had the same problem once with the clamshell. Try giving a solid push down above each of the latches, then try the release again. When closing mine prefers a push down towards the center, but from the passenger side. They do have individual idiosyncrasies. The GT guys make a release that does both sides at once (protects the doorframe from belt buckle scratches).
The car develops a huge amount of torque. It will pull from 2000 rpm. If you do this (like on the highway cruising in 4th) the weak link becomes the clutch. Motor has torque, tires have traction, clutch suffers. Acceleration requires a shift to a lower gear.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Beautiful GT!! Welcome!! Enjoy your ride!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome !!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You probably need new clamshell struts. Easy to do your self.

Cwcsvt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2016
Vancouver WA
When and where is the Rally? I haven't been able to pin it down on this forum. Thank you

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No announcement on this years rally yet Probably April or May.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No announcement on this years rally yet Probably April or May.

Nah, I'm trying to get it done in the next ten days.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Nah, I'm trying to get it done in the next ten days.

Is that to give people time to get their passports?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is that to give people time to get their passports?

Haha, no.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Excellent!

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Well, I was finally able to secure a 2005 Ford GT. It is a dream come true for me as well as my son. I am so very thankful for this opportunity and I love the smiles the car brings to everyone. I've been able to own some wonderful cars, but this one is the most special. I applied for a 17' but to no avail. I told myself if I was unable to get one of them I would find one of these and low and behold I found this car within 300 miles of home and in the color I love. I had never even seen a black one before in real life. At any rate, the weather will hold out tomorrow and I will pick my son up from school in it. I cant wait to see his smile.. This car is the one we always keep an eye out for. Looking forward to making some memories with this car and meeting more folks who share this passion. Love to find some owners in the NW if they are on this forum. Looking forward to the future!

Nice garage! GT4? Turbo S? Add the FGT and you've got it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cwcsvt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2016
Vancouver WA
Nice garage! GT4? Turbo S? Add the FGT and you've got it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The stable currently houses a GT4, GT3, Turbo S, and now the GREAT V8 GT!!! Thank you!