One Lucky New guy!

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Hello to all,

I just wanted introduce myself and inform you folks, I am a proud new owner of a 2006 Ford GT Tungsten Grey Metallic, Silver Stripes!

Man, I feel like a cage tiger waiting for a meal! The GT is suppose to be delivered this coming Sunday. It has been a long time since I have felt something this powerful influence my emotions on a object. I can't wait to see this beautiful lady roll of the truck, my god this car has curves like a gorgeous women!

My wife had push me to purchase the car when I finally saw one that felt right. Man I love her! This one has low mileage and is in perfect shape, no dings and very clean with all four option plus embroidered set of carpeted floor mats, fluid reservoir covers, oil dipstick, and aluminum seat inserts are added touches that just look right.

Here are some pictures

http://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicle_details.aspx?id=771&CAR=Ford-GT

Questions:

Anybody near Pasadena Ca? I live by the Rose Bowl.
Insurance AAA set the value off of Kelly Blue book 153,000.00 for high end for 2900.00 a year is there other insurance company I should look at?
I am about to get my eyes torn out on California new up lifted taxes, I am not look forward to this. (Not really a question just happy feet not Happy.)
Should I get Clear cover or no clear cover?

Thank you in advance

Happy Feet

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
That car was ED GALLOS car from Florida. Search under forum user name: ftmyersgt

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=846988

Welcome to the crowd. Enjoy the new car and consider becoming a supporting member. This place is well worth it!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here comes one or two Rolrex watches for your wife. One for tennis and one for day to day pleasure. I'm still paying. Congratulations on your purchase, you'll love her. Aren't wifes great? Tomy Hamon

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats on your new car and welcome to the club.:cheers

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Congrats!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Welcome to the frat. :cheers

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Congratulations on your acquisition! Can't help much with advice other than I've never seen film I can live with. It works, of course, but at a cosmetic cost in my view. Rock chips or film, take your pick.

I was doing some work at JPL and staying in Old Town Pasadena a few weeks ago. Saw another GT in the Subway parking lot near the Courtyard Marriott. Red w/ stripes, looked nice but I couldn't find the owner. And of course in true L.A.fashion, there was a Ferrari in the same lot, a 360 with considerable wear. Unlike here on the East Coast where many Ferraris are garage queens, I always see a bunch of drivers on the road in and around L.A.

Enjoy your ride and mix it up with all those Ferraris! :cheers

Heritage Club

GT Owner
Mar 31, 2008
Congrats on the car! I'm in Westlake Village with an '06 Heritage GT. I'm paying State Farm $2200 year for my insurance. As for the film, I have it on 2of my 4 "nice" cars and I won't be putting it on in the future. It's obviously a personal decision but, to me, a few rock chips (except for the rock that broke my windshield on the way back from Bony's services) are prefferable to the issues/wierd look the film has. Best of luck.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Should I get Clear cover or no clear cover?

Welcome aboard, 'Feet! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE! :cheers

Re: your questions:'Strongly recommend you at least install a protective windshield film (if there are no "nics" presently decorating the windshield). Replacing the windshield isn't exactly a "straight fwd" operation. The 'film will afford quite a bit of protection from the USUAL small stones and stave off the 'replacement task.

But, H.C. (above) obviously disagrees! LOL!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Happy Feet welcome to the club brother! :cheers
I live in Pacific Palisades, grew up in Arcadia.
We will be getting some SoCal GTs to the Calabasas car event on June 28, join us if you can!
Check out the Owners Section, Western Region version on this Forum, to follow when and where we are going to be meeting.

Heritage Club

GT Owner
Mar 31, 2008
EP,
wasn't aware there is a windshield film???
HC

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Congradulations on your purchase. I just had lunch with another Tungsten owner in the valley today. There is a get together being planned on the 28th. in the Calabasas area. It would be a good time to get together with other owners.

Please consider becoming a sponsoring member, you wont regret it. I've attached a link....http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/payments.php Just choose at what level you would like and scroll the arrow for amounts. :thumbsup

Last edited:

LeonardK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Congratulations on your purchase. These are great cars. I came over from a Ferrari F430 and have never regretted it. I love the torque. My car is insured through Allstate. My brother is my agent but I am sure he could help you as well. My rate is much less than the $2900. I am in Glendora so we are nearly neighbors. If you want to drive to some of the events together let me know.

Leonard

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Welcome. You'll find some of the friendliest and helpful people right here on the forum. I have 2 cars insured with Hagerty and the rest of my cars insured though Allstate. It's going to be a long wait till saturday!

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP,
wasn't aware there is a windshield film???
HC

Oh, ya. A couple years ago, several of us here on The 'Forum did a "group buy" on 'em. (Those were 4 mils thick.)

But, SINCE THEN I have learned that practically any city or town pbly has at least one glass shop that can custom make/install one for you. They're evidently not that bigga deal to create.

They DO "distort" the view thru the windshield A LITTLE BIT - if you actually make the effort to look for it! lol! But, it's just really NOT that big an issue for most.

I was really glad I'd installed mine. The film took a hit dead center in the windshield about 4" up from the bottom. 'Put a small dent IN THE FILM - but, the glass was completely unscathed.

:cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Happy Feet,

I can just see you doing your "Snoopy Dance" as the car is unloaded off the trailer.....

I live just north of Santa Barbara and drive a White/Blue Stripes 2005 #916. If you ever take a cruise up this way let me know and we'll get together for lunch.

Richard Hille
The GT School

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oh, ya. A couple years ago, several of us here on The 'Forum did a "group buy" on 'em. (Those were 4 mils thick.)

But, SINCE THEN I have learned that practically any city or town pbly has at least one glass shop that can custom make/install one for you. They're evidently not that bigga deal to create.

They DO "distort" the view thru the windshield A LITTLE BIT - if you actually make the effort to look for it! lol! But, it's just really NOT that big an issue for most.

I was really glad I'd installed mine. The film took a hit dead center in the windshield about 4" up from the bottom. 'Put a small dent IN THE FILM - but, the glass was completely unscathed.

:cheers

I need to check into this stuff. There's more rocks on the road around here than you can imagine.

John

Heritage Club

GT Owner
Mar 31, 2008
Thanks EP!

Heritage

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks EP!

Heritage

:wink

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Welcome to the Forum. Happy Feet is an appropriate name.