Oil Separator

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
During my 4.0L Whipple install recently I was discussing the viability of adding an Air/Oil separator on the PCV line since I have seen and heard about how much oil is in the intake of these motors when you remove the supercharger. With the increased boost levels we see it becomes much more important; reducing the oil in the combustion chamber and lowering the effective octane rating of the fuel and keeping an oily film off intercooler core thus reducing it’s ability to transfer heat among other reasons. Evan Guyett told me that they were working on a design for this and getting close to finishing a version just for the FGT along with an complementary breather tank for the transaxle. We agreed that my car would get both during the install of the Whipple S/C. Evan installed the two tanks and they look as if they came OE on the car, just as he said they would. He said the Air/Oil separator has three different separating circuits in the unit along with a safety bypass should the unit become completely full. They even put a sight glass in the reservoir like the other reservoirs in the engine compartment. This is definitely a must-do in my opinion.