oil seepage

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Noticed after hard driving there is a little oil seepage from the breather tube coming from the oil reservoir at the valve cover. The clamp is a "spring type"with no way of tightening. Has anyone else had this and if so how did you fix it?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think it's Nota4re who has a breather mod available that'll fix that 4 U.

(Dr. Frank's right, I think. Mebbe I AM thinking of AnalogD @ GTsaver.)

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have T A breather mod. Stopped the problem, just going to an trany cooler is NOT the fix.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Are you talking about the driver side valve cover, if so look inside the air intake tube by the throttle body. If you have an oil accumulation there its just blow-by from extended periods of high boost. I put a check valve in that tube to try and stop it. I think your oil at the spring clip joint comes from the fact it's at the rear of the valve cover and the oil sloshes back there under hard acceleration.

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Bony,what mod do you have to fix the problem? What does a tranny cooler have to do with it? This seepage is at the valve cover breather.

Last edited by a moderator:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Analogdesigner has a very nice, easity mounted breather tube at GTSaver.com.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony,what mod do you have to fix the problem? What does a tranny cooler have to do with it? This seepage is at the valve cover breather.

Rick, disregard my post... me bad for not reading more carefully. The solutions mentioned by Frank and Larry deal with the tranny weep problem.
I am not aware of a fix for your problem. Perhaps Shadowman has an answer.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry Rick, I also misunderstood.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry Rick, I also misunderstood.

Come on Frank pay attention....:bored

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Are reffering to the PCV valves at the rear of each valve cover ?

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
This seepage is on the passenger side at the front of the valve cover. I replaced the factory clamp with a clamp that can be torqed. Hopefully that will take care of the seepage.Just curios if anybody else has had same issue. Do you think it could be because of Castrol 5-50. I just changed the oil.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ok I know where your at now. I haven't had a problem, hopefully your replacement clamp will solve it and I bet it will. The fixed tension Ford clamps are holding up for me right now. Thanks to you I just rechecked it.

I have lost coolant hoses at at the top of fourth gear. That was an interesting experience !

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Due to your thread, this is the first good look I had at that end of the valvecover. I never saw the connection you talked about. I also used the castrol and have about 1500 mi since the oil change. The connection is perfectly dry.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
:cheers

Knowledge is power guys thats why we are all here.