oil pressure sending unit

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Can the oil pressure sending unit be replaced without dropping the belly pans?

John

Aug 25, 2006
Can the oil pressure sending unit be replaced without dropping the belly pans?

John

Hi John

On my gal with headers the answer is yes however sadly I cannot confirm on a gal with OEM manifolds.

My guts tells me; yes even if you have to be a bit flexible; as with your tools too

All the best

Shadowman

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
9 ft/lbs upon replacement

Hi John

On my gal with headers the answer is yes however sadly I cannot confirm on a gal with OEM manifolds.

My guts tells me; yes even if you have to be a bit flexible; as with your tools too

All the best

Shadowman
Well, Shadowman is correct on this. It's really tough though. I just did mine from the bottom, with the pans removed. Removing the electrical connector can be tricky if you are not familiar with Fords (I wasn't). It wants to be torqued to 9 ft/lbs upon replacement.

Good luck on this one,

Jay
GTsaver

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Can I ask why you guys are changing sensors?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Can I ask why you guys are changing sensors?
tpraceman,

They are probably experiencing erratic readings on the oil pressure gauge. Mine did that on the way home from the dealer.

Here is post that started it all: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409

Jay
GTsaver

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I've had the problem since new, about two weeks ago. They odrered a new switch for me. It should be installed next week. I was also getting the "check gauge" light and a beep.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks folks, sounds like I will wait until the next oil change to change out the sensor!!!

Thanks again

John