Oil pressure gauge fluctuation - Yes, another one

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I didn’t see anyone suggesting the sky is falling but if you are interested, here is the thread;

Reactions: Nafod and ByeEnzo

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I didn’t see anyone suggesting the sky is falling but if you are interested, here is the thread;

Thanks ... boy that's ugly!! 😩 🙈

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I had the rare "drop to zero" pressure now and then a year back +
It was rare but worried me.
When it did happen and the words "WTF" crossed my mind.... but it would wake up act normal in a second or 2

Via Kendalls above recommendations I did a sending unit change out at next oil change and its been 100% normal since.

Reactions: extrap and KJD

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks ... boy that's ugly!! 😩 🙈

‘thankfully it seems to have been a one-time event caused by incorrect assembly by a service tech.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Years ago, an owner had the oil pump drive pulley fail, not the belt. Don't remember the exact cause, but when he pulled the cover, the the internal part of the pulley had failed. The pulsating oil pressure was the pump barely turning. The 5-50w synthetic oil save the engine. Kind of burnt/ black when he drained it.
Most probably the cause mentioned above, but I'd check the belt and pulley. my .02.
Yup… that was me

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Man…that was a long time ago…

Reactions: Nafod

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yup… that was me

‘And you have added many more miles since without troubles, correct?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I had the rare "drop to zero" pressure now and then a year back +
It was rare but worried me.
When it did happen and the words "WTF" crossed my mind.... but it would wake up act normal in a second or 2

Via Kendalls above recommendations I did a sending unit change out at next oil change and its been 100% normal since.
Very good, thanks ... a sending unit is headed my way from a kind forum member (y)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
‘And you have added many more miles since without troubles, correct?
At 62k miles now. I check the belt and pulley every time I do an oil change.

Reactions: Nafod and 2112

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I am currently experiencing the same erratic oil pressure guage reading issues as noted by several members.(sender and not the pulley I am hoping) Plan is to change out the sender. Part is on hold from Ford. Rockauto appears to have two options: sw8368,sw5192 . can anyone confirm one or the other….or another alternative?Thanks in advance

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Can anyone direct me to instructions on replacing the oil pressure sending unit? I could 'probably' figure it out based on other cars, and it seems like it's possibly not too terribly complicated, but instructions would be safer.

Actually, I have the service manual - I'll check that when I get home if I haven't heard from anyone here.

Thank you ...

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Can anyone direct me to instructions on replacing the oil pressure sending unit? I could 'probably' figure it out based on other cars, and it seems like it's possibly not too terribly complicated, but instructions would be safer.

Actually, I have the service manual - I'll check that when I get home if I haven't heard from anyone here.

Thank you ...
If you get a chance post a pic of the location of the sender when you replace.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Watching the driving video of the '05 GT currently running on BaT (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-147/), its pressure gauge moves all around like mine, from ~25 to ~75. It's all thru the video but 49 secs to 1:37 is a long stretch showing it:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Fluctuates with engine RPM... I don't recall mine doing it that much though.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA

Thank you ...
I sent you a message! Jay

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Fluctuates with engine RPM... I don't recall mine doing it that much though.
It fluctuates with throttle setting. If you are on and off the gas, the boost will go up and down a lot. I don't know if that's the case in the video, but it could be.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I sent you a message! Jay
Got it, thanks Jay!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I am currently experiencing the same erratic oil pressure guage reading issues as noted by several members.(sender and not the pulley I am hoping) Plan is to change out the sender. Part is on hold from Ford. Rockauto appears to have two options: sw8368,sw5192 . can anyone confirm one or the other….or another alternative?Thanks in advance
There is a an old post from 08 “Erratic oil Pressure “ the part number they give from Ford is 4GTZ-9D290-AB. I would ask RockAUTO which of the two corresponds.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I was hoping someone had already encountered this…..the Ford part number crosses to both the RockAuto Numbers. I’ll have to contact RA for clarification.
Thanks for the reply.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Bump….. can anyone tell me if the eng oil press sender is single or double terminal. My car is not close so I can’t check prior to ordering.