Oil filter help

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
steve, do you think the German filters are bogus?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Nope!

I have closely examined both and they appear absolutely identical.
Have one in my engine now. Oil pressure fine....no problems at all. Just FYI

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Any Ford dealer. That's were I got mine.

The local dealership is an unknown entity when it comes to GT parts, and I have my doubts that they would have both oil and filters in stock. I was trying to see if I could mail order everything and have it waiting on the work bench when I came home on leave. I'm sure I can talk the wife into swinging by the parts department.

Best Regards,
Jason

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
steve, do you think the German filters are bogus?

I have seen several knock-off "oem" parts when sourcing parts for the lotus.... kind of like "cheap" nikes shipped from Asia without box) When sourcing parts now I look at where they ship from and often they come directly from the plant.

For the Lotus we built a cross reference data base on the toyota part numbers since Lotus sourced the engine and tranny from Toyota. Also that opens up cross reference performance parts from aftermarket.

But for the GT .... its more about making sure that I can get quality service parts for the car since more than likely some time in the not so distant future Ford won't be willing or likely able to meet the demand for parts. I love the car but don't trust management.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The local dealership is an unknown entity when it comes to GT parts, and I have my doubts that they would have both oil and filters in stock. I was trying to see if I could mail order everything and have it waiting on the work bench when I came home on leave. I'm sure I can talk the wife into swinging by the parts department.

Best Regards,
Jason

My dealer had the OIL in stock ...but, not the filter - which was fine anyway because they can be had cheaper elsewhere, as we've discussed.
However, the ONLY reason the parts mgr had the oil in stock was the fact he knew I owned a GT and I told him I'd be needing it DOWN THE ROAD. He got it in that week!!!:lol

The Motorcraft 5-50 "bottles" say right on 'em, "For use in the Ford GT and GT500." So, if the dealer never even SEES one or the other, odds are he might not carry it. But, he can get it in for you mucho quick-o.