Oil change instructions seem to be missing

grappa

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2008
West Chicago.IL
Can somebody repost these. I actually went and bought the workshop manual but I cannot find the instructions in there either. I found everything else in minute detail but no oil change instructions. I have been looking in the manual for 1 hour. Is the oil change info a secret ?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Give this a try!

Ford GT Oil Change Procedure

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. Refer to section 100-02. Open the engine cover.
2. Remove the oil filter cap (6A832) from the oil filter adaptor. The used oil in the oil filter housing will automatically drain into the engine when the cap is loosened. The sealing o-ring will remain with the cap.
3. Remove the oil filter element from the housing and discard the element.
4. Install a new oil filter element and replace the cap. Ensure that the sealing o-ring is in place. Tighten the oil filter cap to 25Nm (18 lb-ft).
5. Raise the vehicle.
6. Remove the 21 bolts retaining the rear engine underbody panel (63106B08) and remove the panel. (Illustration A0094313)
7. Remove the 19 bolts retaining the front engine underbody panel (115A74) and remove the panel. (Illustration A0094314)
8. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the oil reservoir and drain the oil reservoir. (Illustration A0089407)
9. Remove the two engine oil sump / oil pan drain plugs and drain any residual oil from the engine. (Illustration A0000058, with modification to point arrows to the drain plugs).
10. Reinstall the engine oil pan / oil sump drain plugs. Tighten the plugs to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).
11. Reinstall the oil reservoir drain plug and tighten to 25Nm (18 lb-ft). (Illustration A0089407)
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Refill the oil reservoir with 9.5 quarts of Motorcraft 5W-50 full synthetic oil (XO 5W-50 QGT) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C931-A..
14. Start the engine check for oil leaks.
15. Raise the vehicle.
16. Reinstall the front engine underbody panel and the 19 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7Nm (62 Lb-in). (Illustration A0094314)
17. Reinstall the rear engine underbody panel and the 21 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7Nm (62 Lb-in). (Illustration A0089407)
18. Lower the vehicle.
19. Check the oil sump level after running the engine. The level must be checked with 1 minute of shutting off the engine.
20. If the oil level is between the MIN-MAX marks on the dipstick, the oil level acceptable.
21. If the oil level in the sump is below the MIN mark, add oil in small amounts to raise the sump level to within the MIN-MAX range. Do not overfill the reservoir past the MAX mark on the dipstick.

Start up procedures:
1. Turn the key to the on position.
2. Hold the accelerator pedal on the floor.
3. Push the start button.
4. Let it crank until you see oil pressure via the gauge in the dash or for 20 seconds.
Upon seeing pressure, let up on the start button, BEFORE you let up on the pedal.
5. Release the pedal and then start normally.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'd personally do #6 & #7 first just to avoid the possibility of making a mess. Also, if you happen to DROP something, chances are you're gunna hafta do that anyway to retrieve it.

But, mebbe that's just me...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No secrets, try the search button, plenty of data on our OWNERS FORUM

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
If you would like illustrated copies I would be happy to fax them to you. Just PM me your fax no if you like.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
The 2005 Shop Manual does NOT show the oil change procedure. The 2006 Shop Manual DOES show the procedure.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
as does post #2 above and many other threads on this great forum :)