Oh My-The GT Gods were with me today!

garry seaman

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2006
It must be all that clean living. I just got back from a run to clear the Montana dust going about 75 mph when a deer stepped up from the tall grass right in front of me. I punched the throttle and I believe the wine of the supercharger stopped her in her tracks just long enough to swerve into the left lane and miss her by about 2 feet. I saw her in the back window run behind me as I was accelerating to 90 mph. :wink

H

HHGT

Glad to hear you 're okay. I drove last year to South Dakota to bring home the Heritage and I can not tell you how many near misses I had - absolutely frightning..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Daylight or dark? Here in IL we usually only see them at night.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Open Season On Em

Dawn is the worst.:bang

Usually hit 1 a year.:bang

I vote for OPEN SEASON ON BAMBI year round.:mad

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I have done this. I killed two at once, and flipped one into an 18 wheeler just behind me. There were about five trying to make it across the highway, just at dawn and just behind a hill. No chance for me or the deer to react. I wasn't in the FGT, but a 1990 Honda Accord, going about 65 MPH. Took out the windshield, driver door, and front fender. Saw the deer's head coming straight into the windshield, but the glass held and he was flipped high into the air into the semi. I was lucky, no injuries; the deer not so lucky. I put plastic deer alarms on the Honda afterward, but I don't know if they work. Maybe, I haven't seen anymore since.

garry seaman

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2006
It was 3 PM and 88 degrees broad daylight.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Dawn is the worst.:bang

Usually hit 1 a year.:bang

I vote for OPEN SEASON ON BAMBI year round.:mad

Here to, bloody file rats...:ack - yesterday while with the GT in the middle of the day I've seen three roaming the side of the road.:thumbsdow Going home after dinner last night ~12p seen two more on the road.:thumbsdow

Daily at my home you can see ~2-3 grazing and trying to herd. This time of year it's only 2-3 as it's constantly ~90+ temperature wise this time of year and the deer are almost like pets and they are friggin everywhere.
We all know in ~2-3 months when rutting season starts it get's even worse....as I can see herds of 10-15 in the yard in the early morning.:eek

I always remember Tiger 6 and his dilema... Car was down for x months.......

Can't blame the field rat's as we are developing the crap out of their habitat but you never know when or where they go :ack

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

That's cause the locals poach during the day :rofl Go 1 hr north Frank and drive the back roads from your northern Ill residence west of Janesville pre Thanksgiving. They graze the field like cows during the day... During hunting season I couldn't find one in 100 miles though.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Daily at my home you can see ~2-3 grazing and trying to herd. This time of year it's only 2-3 as it's constantly ~90+ temperature wise this time of year and the deer are almost like pets and they are friggin everywhere.
We all know in ~2-3 months when rutting season starts it get's even worse....as I can see herds of 10-15 in the yard in the early morning.:eek

Can't blame the field rat's as we are developing the crap out of their habitat but you never know when or where they go :ack

That's cause the locals poach during the day :rofl

They graze the field like cows during the day... During hunting season I couldn't find one in 100 miles though.

Mike,

When I come home in the evening they are everywhere at our place. I have counted more than a hundred out in the pasture, and I am NOT exagerating.

I agree with the "developing their habitat" statement, however, the REAL PROBLEM is these IDIOTS who move out from the cities and feed them like they were pets.

CRAP, they're are wild animals, and will go where the food is easy to get. People need to STOP FEEDING THEM.

Bambi ain't cute at 50 mph head on. When will these people GET IT??? Maybe when someone they care about gets maimed or killed?

They need to move their yuppie butts BACK to the city, sip their wine, drink their overpriced Starbucks coffee, and sit in them stupid hot tubs.

And now, how I really feel about this topic!!

x?xx/?xx/X/?/???x//xxXX/x/..................[censored by self]

Off my soapbox for now.

OK, .............I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW.

Sorry, this topic is really too close to home. Has cost me way too much in both money and time, luckily no bodily injuries, YET.

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Spirit, I do agree with you. Legalize handgun shooting from cars and chainsaw poaching (taking the heads off for additions in Bennigans and Houlihans resturants) but in all serious come up "north"

Our deers (or dears) are ~ 120#+ and the further you go the bigger they are (funny isn't that as the old joke from when I was 15 was what do you call a good looking girl in Wisconsin.... a tourist:rofl [sorry Piccola]). Northen Wisc is good for a 200# dressed buck (the 54 pointer of course).

In Texas I heard the 1st post of Texas deer look like this, the 60# weakling, the second deer is a "small" northern deer that locals truly pick up on the road (~100#), the third is the "dear"........

Attachments

• Texas deer.jpg
    Texas deer.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 247
  • wisc.jpg
    wisc.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 240
  • northern dear.jpg
    northern dear.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Spirit - come up "north".... Our deers (or dears) are ~ 120#+ and the further you go the bigger they are (funny isn't that as the old joke from when I was 15 was what do you call a good looking girl in Wisconsin.... a tourist:rofl [sorry Piccola]). Northen Wisc is good for a 200# dressed buck (the 54 pointer of course).

In Texas I heard the deer look like this, the 60# weakling!:

Thanks.:thumbsup

I needed that.:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm calmed down now.:cool

Looking forward to seeing you in California.:banana

Fred

:cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
............ the third is the "dear"........

Now that's a "DEAR".:lol

Mrs. Spirt said it looks kinda "deformed".:bang

Did that one model for your Avitar?:biggrin

Attachments

• northern%20dear.jpg
    northern%20dear.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 116

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Gary,

Glad the gods were with you. I reference you to my thread entitled "An Act of God", my GT was not as lucky.

Stu

garry seaman

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2006
Thanks Stu. I hope the insurance take care of you. Please let us know.
Garry.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
good news is you and FGT are ok.
the bad news is new bambi jerky for us...

garry seaman

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2006
Actually I have always preached that you should not swerve for an amimal in the road (unless its a moose, ect.); it will probably get you killed. It is better to hit it and take the damage. Swerve for kids. I am damn lucky it worked out this time.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Deer

Oh, Dear!