Off Topic- need translation!

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Can any of our European friends translate what is being said in this video? I'm wondering why the guy is laughing so hard. The speakers' high voice must be a part of it, but what is being said must be a factor as well? What language is that?

http://www.ugoto.com/videos/newsreporter-cant-stop-laughing.html

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think its Dutch... quite different from Danish, but anyway I can make out a few words.

The host is interviewing some disabled people and the lady is talking about when she was in a coma in the hospital, when the other guy with the funny voice starts speaking, the host just cracks up, and he is trying to stay calm in this VERY serious interview.. but simply can't hold it together over the curly guys funny voice.

What is being said is very sad, so it has nothing to do with the fact that this guy is freaking out...

The host is apologizing to the audience and everything, but just looses it...

He'll be looking for a new job monday morning, I'm sure...:)

Last edited:

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Thanks!

(Hurries to the World Atlas to find Holland and Denmark)
=)

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
'Het is echt niet ardig van de Vent, zo iets mag toch noet gebeuren op TV !...'
Wow, for a Danish one, 1 of 101 manages well here :ack . Dutch and Danish are real different ! Dutch I'm fluent in, Danish I understand almost nothing despite that I was born in Sweden and speak six languages, and understand eight.... :ack

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SLF360 said:
'Het is echt niet ardig van de Vent, zo iets mag toch noet gebeuren op TV !...'
Wow, for a Danish one, 1 of 101 manages well here :ack . Dutch and Danish are real different ! Dutch I'm fluent in, Danish I understand almost nothing despite that I was born in Sweden and speak six languages, and understand eight.... :ack
WOW man!!

In the mean time I found out that the country we need to find in the atlas is in fact ISLAND... not Holland ;-)

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
one of 101 said:
WOW man!!

In the mean time I found out that the country we need to find in the atlas is in fact ISLAND... not Holland ;-)
Interesting, because the guy does speak Dutch. From an accent it could be south Holland (Limburg or so) or Flaemisch aka east Belgium, but that is usually harder in pronounciation. I definitely think this is Dutch TV, so I don't know what you want to look for in Island, buddy :eek

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SLF360 said:
Interesting, because the guy does speak Dutch. From an accent it could be south Holland (Limburg or so) or Flaemisch aka east Belgium, but that is usually harder in pronounciation. I definitely think this is Dutch TV, so I don't know what you want to look for in Island, buddy :eek
Well my bad, BTW come to think about it, I'm sure its Holland, cuz that host must have been SMOKIN' SOME WEED DUDE!!