OEM Six Spoke Wheels - Question Regarding The Center Caps

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
GTNJ,

I like the look of the stock wheels without the center caps, just needed to find something nice to thread into the center. Maybe I will swing by a wheel shop for ideas.

I agree .. :thumbsup Keep me informed please ... always interested.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
How about the Center Caps crafted in carbon fiber .:biggrin

To each his own when it comes to cosmetics, however notwithstanding the challenging mechanical aspects or R&R'ing these caps, Camilo or whomever designed the standard wheels and its earred "cap" was trying to pay tribute to and thereby evoke the original look of the Hallibrand wheels ... with the new CHROME cap mimicking the three-earred knock off of the original GT40 magnesium wheels.

usmcfred

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think if you painted the spokes that would nicly highlight the center knock offs

H

HHGT

I think if you painted the spokes that would nicly highlight the center knock offs

Well, I had a friend try this to fit the Heritage color schema. After looking at it, I decided to leave them chrome. You be the judge.

Eventually, the chrome on plastic will peel. I may re-think it. Who Knows????

By the way, this is an edited and photoshoped picture that Florida Chris had sent me.

Attachments

• wheels.JPG
    wheels.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think that looks great !
I have a blue GT and was thinking of painting them .Just haven't decided on color .

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Personally I like it chrome like Midnite Blues. The caps are pretty cheezy when you hold them, but on the car no one knows.

I would do the white lettering and lower the car a bit. It is crying for that up Front IMO. To top it off, you need the RBD to complete the entire package.

Maybe the photoshop guru can post up something that resembles this.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Now at the orange six spokes and drop it a bit up front so you have a little rake.

Attachments

• b658_3.jpg
    b658_3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 131

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
GTNJ,

I like the look of the stock wheels without the center caps, just needed to find something nice to thread into the center. Maybe I will swing by a wheel shop for ideas.

On the stock wheels, anyone put on polished lugs, leave off the larger 3 winged plastic piece and find something smaller/ nicer to thread in? thoughts ideas?

Machined adapter for the center is on the way. Pictures as soon as the shop is done. just another one of those projects I am working on.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
AZGT - Great to hear. Keep us posted