OEM shocks

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Looking for a complete set of OEM shocks...must be in excellant condition. I will be in Phoenix for the first week of Dec so a pick up there would be handy. Thanks.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I got them if you want !Big bucks ! make fair offer!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I thought about your Penskes but decided to stay with the factory ride quality. I'm looking to replace a rear one that is starting to weep and a front one that has a some cracking showing up in the rubber boot. Figured I might as well replace the whole set......we'll talk!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would go for Scott Ahlman's Ohlins over an OEM set!

Ed

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN

Ed

+1 , adjust for any ride you want, any day you want.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Ed

+1 , adjust for any ride you want, any day you want.
Except for Bonehead, he only uses OEM parts. :lol

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I thought about your Penskes but decided to stay with the factory ride quality. I'm looking to replace a rear one that is starting to weep and a front one that has a some cracking showing up in the rubber boot. Figured I might as well replace the whole set......we'll talk!
You stated the rear one was starting to weep.I find that surprising .I expected you to be the weeper!
Stop being so cheap and put on Scotts shocks! The improved ride quality on the street is awesome! Ask McGowan!
If you look at the data on them it is very impressive.Scott can explain the technical stuff to you!But theyy are the ultimate set up for the street!This is an example of get them while you can! Stuff for the GT comes and than disappears ,never to be seen again.I can think of like 3-6 items that are very cool bits and pieces that you can no longer get.I can get you a loan if needed.LOL!!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Ron,I knew I could count on you to dish out some grief! Good thing it's just a couple shocks and not an entire powertrain replacement I'm looking for or I'd likely end up in humiliation therapy. ;-).
Since I don't track my car and am really quite satisfied with the factory ride, I really can't see any point in the upgrade to Scott's shocks...impressive as they are and oh so nice to look at.
Oh Oh....looks like I'm getting practical again.....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ron,I knew I could count on you to dish out some grief! Good thing it's just a couple shocks and not an entire powertrain replacement I'm looking for or I'd likely end up in humiliation therapy. ;-).
Since I don't track my car and am really quite satisfied with the factory ride, I really can't see any point in the upgrade to Scott's shocks...impressive as they are and oh so nice to look at.
Oh Oh....looks like I'm getting practical again.....

You need to consider Scott's spring/shock set up. I've got well over 10k on the std. street "stock" units.

Ride quality is superb. Highway noise and expansion joint thumping are very much reduced. So much Quieter and Smoother.

IMO well worth it! A major improvement over the way the GT came from the factory. And I, like you, was completely happy with the originals.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks for the informed input guys. Maybe I should reconsider Scott's option. The hiway expansion joints do get a little annoying for sure. If I decide to go that route let's agree not to give Ron the credit for the decision.....I'll never hear the end of it!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Last tid bit, that I can add, that greatly helped me to buy Scotts shocks, they are a serviceable item. Say you have a leak in the future, you can rebuild them, vs having to replace OEM units. Also the Ohlins use an o-ring seal, so will last longer than a race oriented shock.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'll be calling Scott after the new year and ordering up a set of the two way adjustable ones. Looking at his site I'm sold.

Vince H

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Do the 2 way adjustable reuse the stock springs?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Do the 2 way adjustable reuse the stock springs?

Scott's use new Eibach springs.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Actually he has shifted to Hyperco, better customer service for him. I went with new springs, as I wanted to keep the OEM set in tact.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Actually he has shifted to Hyperco, better customer service for him. I went with new springs, as I wanted to keep the OEM set in tact.

Good to know. Makes my Eibach set up "more valuable".

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thanks for the informed input guys. Maybe I should reconsider Scott's option. The hiway expansion joints do get a little annoying for sure. If I decide to go that route let's agree not to give Ron the credit for the decision.....I'll never hear the end of it!!
Rick let's face it you've never been practical but I agree you should go look at Scott's website that will sell you!
And if you do get them I'll only say I told you so once!
You make me laugh!
I got to say by looking at you,I would have never guessed you're so funny!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Get'em , you'll like'em

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Anyone getting me a set for xmas? :biggrin

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe